Eurobodalla Shire Council has received state and federal grant funding from the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science as well as NSW Department of Industry to undertake two employment projects in Eurobodalla.
Jobs and Training Project
The Eurobodalla Jobs and Training project aims to connect jobseekers with employment and training opportunities in the fastest growing local employment sector; health and community services. Key fields within the health and community services sector include residential and in-home aged care, disability services, community services and primary and allied health.
Eurobodalla Youth Employment Strategy
The Eurobodalla Youth Employment Strategy (E-YES) aims to provide young people between 15 and 24 with improved access to skills training and job opportunities to assist them in securing employment.
The Eurobodalla Jobs and Training project and the E-Yes project make up the Employment Projects team here at Council. The Employment Projects team will:
- connect job seekers with employment opportunities
- facilitate career pathway planning
- provide job readiness training
- provide information regarding apprenticeships, traineeships, school based apprenticeships and workforce development.
Calling all businesses with a job vacancy
We are calling on businesses in Eurobodalla to support young people with employment opportunities. Get some new energy in your workplace, an insight into a new clientele market and contribute to employing the next generation.
We can help you:
- list jobs and recruit young people
- shortlist applicants
- access training for existing staff
- access information about incentives for apprentices and trainees
- get advice on how to grow your business by employing young people.
Have a job vacancy? Complete our employer survey now and one of our team members will be in contact with you.
Calling all young people looking for a job
The E-YES team will be posting job vacancies and training opportunities on our Facebook page. Head over and like, comment and share to spread the word!
We can help you:
- find a job in Eurobodalla
- access training
- develop resume and interview skills
- plan for your career development.
Ready to find work in Eurobodalla? Complete our Job Seeker survey now and one of our team members will be in contact with you.
Apply for a job
Found a job on our Facebook page and ready to apply? Follow these simple steps:
- Have you completed a career quiz? This five minute quiz will highlight your strengths and what industries best suit your personality.
- Fill out this one-page pitch, which will be included in your job application. You can use the cheat sheet for this one-page pitch on the Job Jumpstart website
One-page pitch (229 KB)
- Make sure your resume is up to date.
- Send your one-page pitch AND your resume to the email specified in the jobs post.
Job and training opportunities
There are two ways to find out about jobs through us:
- read about job and training opportunities on our Facebook page
- become a client by emailing us and we will send you entry level job opportunities every week.
Estia Health Dalmeny - tour for potential aged care employees
Interested in working in aged care but not sure what a facility looks like or how it operates? The tours are hosted by Estia Health Dalmeny will help you understand the different components of an aged care facility, workplace conditions and the potentials for career development. There are three sessions:
- 10.30am Tuesday 28 May 2019
- 10.30am Tuesday 4 June 2019
- 10.30am Thursday 13 June 2019.
Places are limited so book now.
Jobs Drive Narooma | Health and Community Services
Looking for a job in Health and Community Services? We have three employers with jobs in Narooma ready to go! Examples of jobs include personal care, social support, domestic support and general services. Employers will be available to have a chat to job seekers, answer questions about job opportunities and career pathways and take job applications on the day. Local employers include:
- Australian Unity
- Estia Health
- Uniting (information available)
This event is open to anyone of any age. Bring an updated resume and complete a one page application form, which will be available on the day. You can then hand it right to the employer.
Expressions of interest | FREE Construction White Card and FREE First Aid Training for young school leavers
We are seeking expressions of interest from job seekers who have left school, are between the ages of 16 and 25 and are interested in participating in free Construction White Card and/or free First Aid training. Training dates are:
Provide First Aid
- 8.30am to 5pm, Monday 17 June 2019, Batemans Bay
- 8.30am to 5pm, Wednesday 19 June 2019, Moruya
Construction White Card
- 8.30am to 4.30pm, Friday 7 June 2019, Batemans Bay
- 8.30am to 4.30om, Friday 28 June 2019, Moruya
Strict eligibility applies. If you are interested in one or both of these courses, please complete the Expression of Interest form below and send to the Employment Projects team by Wednesday 29 May 2019.
Looking for more information? The following are some helpful websites that can help employers and young people plan for the future:
- Skillsroad: This website has resources for young people, parents, teachers and employers. Take the Career Quiz, explore industries in the Virtual Workplace, take the Job Fit test or read about Life Hacks for the future.
- Job Outlook: Job Outlook can help young people find out about future outlook, pay and main tasks of careers they are interested in. The Career Quiz can help you decide what kind of job will suit your personality and skills set. You can even follow the link to job vacancies and courses related to your chosen field of employment.
- Job Jumpstart: This website can help you find new ways to explore careers and prep for work by reading articles and using the tools provided. The information fits into three themes; looking for a job, building a career and at work.
- Department of Jobs and Small Business: A comprehensive resource for both employers and job seekers! The website provides information about hiring staff, financial incentives, starting your own business and becoming an apprentice.
If you’re a business looking to employ someone, if you’re a young person seeking employment or if you want some career advice, please contact Rhonnie, Amy or Makaela from the Employment Projects team:
- T: 02 4474 7380
- E: Employment Projects