Waste and Recycling
Council's waste services provide residents in the domestic collection area with three bins:
- a red-lidded general waste bin that is collected weekly
- a yellow-lidded recycling bin collected fortnightly
- a green-lidded garden organics bin collected fortnightly.
If you live in the domestic collection area, you can also take part in the annual kerbside hard waste (junk) collection and the annual household chemical cleanout to drop off hazardous chemicals for free in our three major towns.
Disposal of expired flares for 2019
Roads and Maritimes Services has launched a program to help boaters dispose of expired flares, with mobile collections set up along the NSW coastline. Collection points within Eurobodalla Shire are as follows:
- Friday 4 January 2019 from 1pm to 3pm at Apex Park Boat Ramp, Centenary Drive, Narooma
- Friday 4 January 2019 from 4.30pm to 6.30pm at Moruya Heads Boat Ramp, Preddys Wharf Road, Moruya Heads
- Saturday 5 January 2019 from 8am to 11am at Hanging Rock Boat Ramp, Hanging Rock Place, Batemans Bay
- Friday 15 February 2019 from 2pm to 5pm at Hanging Rock Boat Ramp, Hanging Rock Place, Batemans Bay
- W: Roads and Maritime Services website
- T: 02 4474 1024 Council's Waste Services
Find out about recycling at home:
- What can I put in my yellow-lidded bin?
- Where is my recycling processed?
- Where does my recycling end up?
- What else can I recycle?
Household Waste and Recycling Guide
This guide tells you what you can put into each of your three household bins, and what you can and can't recycle.
The guide includes dates for your regular household bin collection and the annual hardwaste and chemical collection services.
Hard waste (junk) collection, from July to September 2019
Household chemical cleanout - 2019
- Find your nearest household chemical drop off point and more information about safely disposing of chemicals.
Surf Beach Community Recycling Centre
Visit our Community Recycling Centre located at Surf Beach Waste Management Facility for the free drop off, year round, of household problem wastes for household quantities (20kg or 20L) of paint, gas bottles, fire extinguishers, fluro globes and tubes, household and car batteries, smoke detectors, motor oils and other oils.
Sustainability at home
Find out about:
- free home composting workshops, fact sheets and tips for composting at home
- free worm farming workshops, fact sheets and tips
- volunteering to help the local environment
- making sustainable choices
- bush friendly gardens
- how you can save water and energy at home and at work.
- Council: for general waste enquiries, including stolen or damaged bins, or extra bins
T: 02 4474 1024
- SUEZ: for waste and recycling collection, including missed services
T: 02 4474 8333