Temporary Road Closures
The below road closures are temporary so that local community events or works can be conducted safely. While the road is closed, motorists and pedestrians must follow the directions of authorised traffic controllers.
Challenge Batemans Bay Triathlon
Various roads Batehaven to Moruya
- Sunday 23 April 2017
The following roads will be closed for the Challenge Batemans Bay Triathlon:
- 7am to 3pm
- Beach Road (partial closure 1 lane southbound) from George Bass Drive traffic lights to Edward Road, Batehaven
- Calga Crescent (full closure) from Melaleuca Crescent to George Bass Drive
- Sunshine Bay Road (full closure) from Edwards Road to George Bass Drive
- George Bass Drive (full closure) from Beach Road traffic signals to Tallgums Way
- 7am to 1.30pm
- Tallgums Way, Dunns Creek Road and Tomakin Road (full closure) from a turnaround point adjacent to Mogo Zoo carpark through to the Tomakin Road/George Bass Drive intersection
- The Ridge Road (full closure) from Dunns Creek Road to Burri Road
- George Bass Drive (controlled access) from Tomakin Road to Annetts Parade
- George Bass Drive and North Head Drive (full closure) from Annetts Parade to the Princes Highway
Anzac Day Marches
- Tuesday 25 April 2017
- 10am to 11:30am
Orient St between Beach Rd and North St and Clyde St between North St and the Cenotaph
- 5.15am to 6.15am
Mirrabooka Ave and Page St between Campbell St and Queen St
- 10.45am to 11.30am
Shore St western end, Vulcan St between Shore and Mirrabooka Ave, Mirrabooka Ave and Page St between Campbell St and Queen St
- 10.30am to 11.15am (approximately)
Princes Hwy from the Visitors Information Centre to Wharf St. The march will be conducted under police escort.
Narooma Oyster Festival
Riverside Drive, Narooma
- 6 May 2017, 6am to 7pm
Riverside Drive will be closed between Bettini Lane and the Field Street roundabout for the Narooma Oyster Festival.
Hughes Street, Batemans Bay
- 1 to 5 May 2017, 9am to 3pm
Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) are constructing a median strip in Hughes Street, Batemans Bay at the Princes Highway intersection. During construction, Hughes Street will be closed between 9am to 3pm. RMS have consulted with the Batemans Bay Chamber of Commerce and affected businesses concerning the road closure. A variable message sign has been erected at the site to notify road users of the road closure.
For further information, contact the RMS Project Engineer, Scott Spears, on 02 6492 9503.
Runnyford Bridge, Runnyford
- 20 March to 27 October 2017
Runnyford Road will be closed from the western side of Runnyford Bridge to Mays Road to enable demolition and construction of a new bridge. There will be no access across the Buckenbowra River for the duration of the works.
Unsealed sections of Glenella and Heron Roads, Batemans Bay
- 5 September 2016 for approximately 12 months.
To allow for the construction of the south Batemans Bay link road, now officially named Glenella Road, we are closing three sections of unsealed road as shaded blue in the map below. These roads are:
- Glenella Road - unsealed section
- Heron Road - unsealed section
- near the intersection with The Ridge Road.
The closures will be gated and access to the public is prohibited for safety reasons. For further information about this project, visit the South Batemans Bay link road project page.
Emergency road closures
For other road closures see emergency information.
For more information on the traffic management plans for special events, please contact our Traffic Officer.
- T: 02 4474 1247
- E: Dave.Hunter@esc.nsw.gov.au