Section 735A outstanding notices
A Section 735A and 121ZP Outstanding Notices Certificate lists any outstanding Notices and Orders issued by Council in relation to a particular property.
The certificate refers to Notices and Orders issued only under the Local Government Act 1993 (Section 735A) and the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 (Section 121ZP); for example, Notices and Orders issued might include, and relate to, unauthorised building works, stormwater works, keeping of animals, inadequate operation of an Onsite Sewer Management System, noxious weeds or unsafe or unhealthy conditions.
A full search for Notices and Orders includes Section 735A and 121ZP, however, it could also include Notices, Orders and Directions issued (if applicable) under the following legislation:
- Roads Act 1993
- Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997
- Public Health Act 1991
- Food Act 2003
- Swimming Pools Act 1992.
You can apply for a Section 735A and 121ZP Outstanding Notices Certificate at any time, however, a certificate is most often needed before property settlement.
The certificate will inform a new property purchaser on the following matters:
- whether Council has issued a Notice advising that an outstanding work or matter is required to be addressed in relation to that property
- whether Council has issued an Order advising that a certain work or action is required to be undertaken in relation to that property
- whether there are any other relevant outstanding matters that are required to be addressed to the satisfaction of Council in relation to that property.
Applying for a Section 735A and 121ZP Outstanding Notices Certificate
You can apply for a Section 735A and 121ZP Outstanding Notices Certificate by completing the following application form and paying the relevant fee:
- Section 735A Certificate Application (1.32 MB)
- a statutory application fee of $66.00 for each certificate required
- if you need a certificate urgently, it will be processed within 24 hours upon payment of an additional expediency fee of $60.00.
The application can be submitted either of the following ways:
- in person at the customer service centre, corner of Vulcan Street and Campbell Street, Moruya, between 8.30am and 4.30pm
- you can email your application to:
- E: Council
- you can mail your application to:
- Eurobodalla Shire Council, PO Box 99, MORUYA NSW 2537
- you will need to pay your application fee at the time of lodgement.
The certificate is usually processed within five working days and will be emailed to the address specified on the application. Alternatively, the certificate can be mailed to you.
Who can apply for a Section 735A and 121ZP Outstanding Notices Certificate?
Anyone can apply for a Section 735A and 121ZP Outstanding Notices Certificate, however, conveyancers, solicitors and property owners are the most common applicants.
We can help you
If you need more information about Section 735A and 121ZP Outstanding Notices Certificates, please phone our Development Helpdesk:
- T: 02 4474 1231
- E: Council's Development Helpdesk
- visit our customer service centre at the corner of Vulcan Street and Campbell Street, Moruya, Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 4.30pm.