Development control plans and codes
Development Control Plans (DCPs) are documents that provide planning and building design guidelines for new development or alterations to existing development. They are used by applicants preparing a Development Application and the Council staff that assess them.
DCPs describe the controls that development should meet such as building styles, materials used and appropriate locations for development.
Development Control Plans
The following DCPs apply in Eurobodalla Shire:
Codes are acceptable design standards designed by Council to guide and control development in Eurobodalla Shire to acceptable standards.
Some of these codes are referenced in the Development Control Plans and should be read in conjunction with the relevant DCP. They should also be used as a guideline in the design process.
- Advertisement and Notification Code (507.5 KB)
- Backflow Prevention Code of Practice (305.2 KB)
- Build in the Vicinity of Sewer Mains Code of Practice (459.3 KB)
- Design Guidelines for Rainwater Tanks Where an Existing Reticulated Water Supply Exists (1.1 MB)
- Footpath Trading Code (604.8 KB)
- Interim Coastal Hazard Adaptation Code (3.87 MB)
- Infrastructure Design Standard With Code of Practice (3.9 MB)
- Landscaping Code (325.9 KB)
- Liquid Trade Waste Discharge to Sewerage System (719.0 KB)
- Moruya Floodplain Code (353.6 KB)
- On Site Sewerage Management Code of Practice (732.9 KB)
- Parking and Access Code (730.4 KB)
- Safer by Design Code (667.7 KB)
- Signage Code (699.0 KB)
- Site Waste Minimisation and Management Code (659.3 KB)
- Soil and Water Management Code (222.6 KB)
- Tree Preservation Code (475.5KB)
Certain townships and villages within Eurobodalla Shire have adopted style guides due to the community in these areas expressing a need for controls on development to prevent loss of the unique character and charm of their town. The loss of character is a concern to the community in light of the demand for development. The style guides have been developed to help address these concerns and encourage development that fits within the unique character and charm of the township.
The following style guide applies in Eurobodalla Shire:
Note: For the Narooma Style Guide, refer to the Narooma Township DCP.
We can help you
If you need more information, or would like to check which DCP applies to your land, please contact our Development Helpdesk:
- T: 02 4474 1231
- E: Council's Development Helpdesk
- visit our customer service centre at the corner of Vulcan Street and Campbell Street, Moruya, Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 4.30pm.