- Local batonbearers announced for Queen's Baton Relay
Far South Coast locals chosen to carry the Queen’s Baton during the 100-day countdown to the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- Flying foxes quiet for now
While the skies are quiet for now, spring is traditionally the time of year when flying-foxes start to return to the area seeking food and shelter.
- Park for longer in Batemans Bay CBD
Changes to timed parking in the Batemans Bay CBD come into effect today.
- Winning weeds finder
Council’s online weed finder has taken out the Invasive Species Management Award at yesterday’s Local Government NSW Excellence in the Environment Awards.
- Schools and education grants now open
Schools and not-for-profit groups can apply for funding from Council to reward students for their achievements.
- Road rebuilding work begins
Council will begin work on Monday (16 October) to improve sections of several roads across the shire.
- Choose to reuse
Council is bringing Garage Sale Trail to the local area on Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 October 2017.
- Local charities benefit from rates subsidies
All twelve applicants for Council’s community group rates subsidies have been successful in obtaining fifty per cent reductions in council rates on their premises.
- High standard of retail food safety
The community can have a high level of confidence in Eurobodalla's food retailers.
- Drop by water stall for National Water Week
Eurobodalla Council is marking National Water Week with a pop-up stall at Moruya Country Markets this Saturday.
- Repairs for Narooma's Apex Park boat ramp
The boat ramp at Narooma’s Apex Park will be closed for repairs from Tuesday to Friday next week.
- NSW Government's Aboriginal heritage reforms on exhibition
Eurobodalla Council is encouraging locals to get involved in the NSW Government's Aboriginal heritage reform process.
- Activity providers sought for Come and Try Week
Council is calling for providers of recreational programs and activities to nominate their venture for a special NSW Seniors Festival celebration in 2018.
- Road closure at highway and Broulee Road junction
Entry to Broulee Road from the Princes Highway and the eastbound lane towards George Bass Drive will be closed to traffic this Wednesday and Thursday while Council completes safety improvement works.
- Wriggle into worm farming workshops
Council is again partnering with South Coast Colleges (AdultEd) to host popular worm farming workshops this month.
- Water restrictions could be on the cards
Council is warning that water restrictions could be on the cards this summer if rain doesn’t come soon.
- In the swim
Moruya and Batemans Bay swimming centres will open for the 2017-18 summer season on Monday.
- Vigilant volunteers sweep southern beaches
Council’s southern beach sweep got underway last month, with a small but vigilant crew from the Far South Coast Landcare patrolling for invasive species.
- Coastal hazard information sessions
We’re hosting three community information sessions to update residents and ratepayers on new mapping that shows how coastal hazards might impact the Eurobodalla in the long term.
- Recreation Strategy out and about for public comment
Eurobodalla locals are encouraged to look over the new Recreation and Open Space Strategy and provide feedback about plans for our sportsfields, parks, playgrounds and recreation areas.
- Deputy Mayor re-elected unopposed
Clr Anthony Mayne has been re-elected unopposed as Eurobodalla’s Deputy Mayor.
- Little Sellers Art Prize finalists announced
Young Eurobodalla artist Millie Jones has won the overall Little Sellers Art Prize 2017 with her abstract artwork ‘The Pieces of Me’.
- Embrace slow fashion at Art on the Path
Talented Eurobodalla locals are helping to combat one of Australia's fastest growing waste problems by transforming discarded items into catwalk- worthy, eco-friendly garments.
- Ambitious leaders heading to Goulburn
A team of four aspiring leaders from Eurobodalla Shire Council travel to Goulburn this week to compete in the NSW Rural Management Challenge.
- New Narooma shared pathway
Work has begun to construct a new shared pathway along the southern side of McMillan Road, Narooma.
- Bay Streetscaping breaks for school holidays
The Batemans Bay CBD Streetscaping Project will take a break for the school holidays, which start tomorrow.
- Better deals on Sydney flights
Eurobodalla Mayor Liz Innes has given an enthusiastic ‘thumbs up’ to the exciting news that Rex Airlines has expanded its Moruya-Sydney air route.
- Volunteering gives new lease on life
Could volunteering give you a reason to get up in the morning? We need more volunteers now to help with our Active Living program for seniors.
- New Moruya playground proves popular
Children of all abilities have been enjoying the upgraded Gundary Park playground at Moruya since it was officially opened on Friday.
- Volunteers the pearl in the oyster
Our local Landcare volunteers are precious and we helped them celebrate National Landcare Week in style.