Beach doof, drive-in, Youth Week highlights
Wednesday 4 April 2018
A bumper crop of events for Eurobodalla youth, including a beach doof, drive-in movie night, skate park competitions and pop-up youth café, is planned to celebrate Youth Week.
Each year Eurobodalla Council works with its youth committee to develop and host fun events that aim to celebrate the contributions of the shire’s young people and showcase their talents.
The main event this year is a beach doof, run in partnership with Dalmeny Boardriders, on Sunday 8 April. It will include surf heats, beach volleyball and other games, sandcastle competition, and a dance party with live DJ music.
Young people, their families and friends can also experience the old-school feels of the drive-in at Moruya’s Riverside Park Amphitheatre on Friday 13 April. Movie-goers can watch Guardians of the Galaxy in their car and tune in via FM radio or grab a blanket and watch hillside.
A pop-up youth café at the Dr Mackay Community Centre in Moruya on Wednesday 18 April will offer free entertainment, including photo booth and games, and free pizza and milkshakes.
Finally Council’s popular skate park events will also be held at Narooma skate park on Saturday 21 April and Moruya on Sunday 22 April. Run by Ownlife, both events will begin with a free skateboarding workshop from 10.30am followed by skate, scooter and BMX competitions.
Free transport is available to and from the beach doof, drive-in and youth café events.
Youth Week 2018 events
- Beach Doof, Sunday 8 April, 12-5pm (surf heats from 8am), Golden Mile, Dalmeny Drive, Dalmeny (beach to be determined on the day – keep an eye on Council’s Facebook event). Free.
- Drive-in movie (Guardians of the Galaxy), Friday 13 April, 6.30-9pm, Moruya Riverside Park Amphitheatre, Shore Street, Moruya. Note donation for cars, gold coin to watch hillside.
- Pop-up youth café, Wednesday 18 April, Dr Mackay Community Centre, Page Street, Moruya. Free.
- Skate, scooter and BMX competition, Saturday 21 April, 10.30am-2.30pm, Narooma Skate Park, Riverside Drive. Free.
- Skate, scooter and BMX competition, Sunday 22 April, 10.30am-2.30pm, Moruya Skate Park, Shore Street. Free.
Pictured: Council’s Youth Committee have helped organised events to celebrate Youth Week in April and are encouraging the shire’s young people to get amongst it. Photo by Cammi Coen.