- Lifeguards kept busy over peak season
It was another busy summer for lifeguards with an increase in the number of visitors to Eurobodalla’s beaches.
- All smiles on the Deua
The efforts of the Deua Rivercare group have been rewarded with three more years of funding.
- Campground management up for tender
Council is calling for tenders for the management of Council-owned campgrounds at Mystery Bay, Dalmeny and North Head, Moruya.
- Volunteers spruce up shire
The Eurobodalla is a lot cleaner after 160 volunteers took to streets, beaches and bushland reserves across the shire for Clean Up Australia Day.
- Entries open for Mayor’s Writing Competition
The seed has been sown to get Eurobodalla's young people writing with entries now open for the annual Mayor’s Writing Competition.
- Disability Inclusion Advisory Committee members sought
Eurobodalla Council is seeking a community representative for the Disability Inclusion Advisory Committee.
- Arrive alive with a ‘Free cuppa for the driver’
Drivers travelling more than 100 kilometres from home can claim a free cuppa from participating NSW businesses.
- Eurobodalla businesses sign on to take charge of their waste
Eurobodalla businesses are signing up to reduce their use of single-use take-away plastics.
- Basil Sellers Art Prize winner announced
Wollongong artist Anh Nguyen’s Jamboree Morning was announced the winner of the prestigious Basil Sellers Art Prize 2019 at the grand opening of the new Basil Sellers Exhibition Centre in Moruya on Friday night.
- Free worm farming, composting workshops on again
Learn how to turn kitchen scraps into garden fertiliser at free composting and worm-farming workshops next month.
- Spotless riverbank sparks joy for Clean Up volunteers
There’s plenty of scope to get involved in the nation-changing magic of tidying up this Sunday, Clean Up Australia Day.
- South Durras boat ramp closure
South Durras boat ramp will be closed for five days from Monday 25 February.
- Free plant swap in Narooma this Sunday
Residents of Narooma and surrounds can swap environmental weeds from their garden for beautiful native plants this weekend.
- We can get on and go for it: Mayor
Shire Mayor Liz Innes is delighted to have bi-partisan support for Batemans Bay’s proposed aquatic, arts and leisure centre.
- Draft art acquisition policy on public exhibition
Council is inviting the community to provide feedback on its new art acquisition policy.
- Parents get ready for Be Ready Roadshow
Parents with children starting school next year can get the information and advice they need at the Be Ready Roadshow in March.
- Airport work in full flight
Moruya airport's runway upgrade has taken off, with council staff and sub-contractors working seven days to ensure the work is finished quickly.
- Bluewater Drive closure at Narooma
Narooma’s Bluewater Drive will be closed to through traffic for seven weeks from Monday 25 February for road rehabilitation.
- Council’s code of conduct on public exhibition
Council is seeking community feedback on two documents pertaining to its code of conduct.
- EOIs open for drought relief committee
Community members from rural industries are invited to join a new drought-relief committee.
- Flying foxes continue to camp
The summer months have seen the return of grey-headed flying-foxes roosting at five day-time camps across the shire.
- Find new ways to love your life at Seniors Festival
There’s something for everyone in Eurobodalla’s celebrations for the NSW Seniors’ Festival this year.
- Aboriginal Advisory Committee calling for members
Eurobodalla Shire Council is calling for expressions of interest to fill vacancies on its Aboriginal Advisory Committee.
- Heritage Advisory Committee member wanted
Eurobodalla Shire Council is seeking a new member for the shire's Heritage Advisory Committee.
- Sewer works at Narooma’s Apex Park
Sewer upgrades will disrupt access to the toilets at Apex Park in Narooma over the next two weeks.
- Council meetings resume
Eurobodalla Shire Council meetings will resume on Tuesday 12 February in the Council Chambers.
- Plenty of torque around library events
The shire’s residents can rev-up their inner grease monkey at the libraries’ hands-on car-maintenance workshops.
- New look library is one for the books
Staff at the Moruya library are urging the community to check out the upgraded facilities while they check out some new books.
- Help save threatened plant, warts and all
There are an estimated 3,000 Warty Zieria plants left in the world and all of them are around Mt Dromedary and Tilba Tilba.
- Last-minute cruise ship visit to Batemans Bay
Eurobodalla shire Mayor Liz Innes has welcomed the arrival of the ultra-luxury cruise ship Seabourn Encore as an opportunity for the shire to shine.