Recreation and Open Space Strategy 2018
The Recreation and Open Space Strategy 2018 provides a document that will assist Council to:
- understand -
- how to meet the community’s recreation needs acknowledging future population growth
- the information the community needs to encourage participation in recreation opportunities
- ensure -
- Council’s public open spaces are well managed, well maintained and accessible
- barriers to access, connection and participation are identified and practical solutions implemented
- protect -
- open space of high value and use by the community
- access to and scenic values of the ocean, foreshores and rural areas.
This document was adopted at the Council meeting of 27 February 2018. It was produced as a collaborative effort by consultants ROSS Planning and Council staff, incorporating extensive feedback from the community, between 2016 and 2018.