Peter Bernard - 12 August 2014
Peter Bernard made the following comments in Non Agenda Public forum at the Ordinary Council Meeting on 12 August 2014.
Investment Portfolio and Safety Issues
It may be recalled I addressed the council concerning the "Planning Porkies" told to you concerning the Reclassification and Sale of Public lands. I am lead to believe that approval by NSW Planning and Infrastructure Department, the DOPI legal Branch and Parliamentary Counsel has been obtained.
Through you Mr Mayor to the Acting General Manager:
- When was this approval obtained?
- Was this reported to the councillors? If not! Why not?
- Which ESC Department and Director is responsible for the sale of these lands?
- What steps have been taken to sell any of these lands?
- Have sny of these lands been sold? If not why not?
- Have any ESC workers Superannuation funds been invested by State Superannuation who in turn reinvested them in the "Colostomy Bags" of banks and other Institutions. If so have these been recovered?
- As I recall the ESC invested 1 million dollars with SCRAPL during the global crisis. What happened to that amount and was it all recovered? What total amount paid was paid for "set up costs, management, on going commissions, etc."
On the 24th July 2014 I raised questions concerning contaminant migration from No 82 Princes Highway and compliance with safety procedures supplied by the EPA and its own safety procedures. I am not aware of receiving a reply? Is this the normal procedure adopted with possible worker and public issues of this nature raised by members of the public? When can I expect a reply?