Draft amendments to the Residential Zones Development Control Plan and Tree Preservation Code
Closing date for submissions: Wednesday 5 June 2019
At the Council Meeting on 30 April 2019, Councillors agreed to put on public exhibition draft amendments to the Residential Zone Development Control Plan (DCP) and Tree Preservation Code, for 28 days. The draft amendments align Council’s Residential Zones DCP and Tree Preservation Code with the new biodiversity legislative framework that includes the State Environmental Planning Policy (Vegetation in Non-Rural Areas) 2017 (Vegetation SEPP).
The draft amendments would address the unintended consequences of the Vegetation SEPP by aiming to:
- Facilitate the most consistent approach to vegetation removal possible on non-rural land.
- Allow clearing for maintenance of rural infrastructure, appropriate for rural lifestyle blocks, to continue in place of the former Routine Agricultural Management Activities (RAMAs).
- Provide certainty to landholders regarding the requirements for the removal of undesirable vegetation on non-rural land and reduce the risk of prosecution.
- Maintaining the benefits of trees in Eurobodalla’s non-rural landscape including visual amenity, biodiversity resilience and tourism appeal.
- Applying to all land currently covered by the residential zones DCP and extending it to all Public Recreation (RE1), Environmental (E2 and E4) and Large Lot Residential (R5) zoned land.
The draft amendments to the Residential Zones Development Control Plan and Tree Preservation Code will be on exhibition until Wednesday 5 June 2019. Submissions from the community will be reported to Council for consideration, before a decision is made to adopt the Residential Zones DCP and Tree Preservation Code in accordance with Part 3 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000.
You can find more information about the steps you currently need to take to check whether an approval, permit or licence is needed to remove trees or vegetation from your property here.
You can download a copy of the draft amendments below and copies will be available at Council’s customer service centre at Moruya and at the Batemans Bay, Moruya and Narooma libraries. A copy of the Eurobodalla Local Environmental Plan 2012 is also at these locations.