Rural Lands Strategy
At the Ordinary Council Meeting on 23 February 2016, Council adopted the Rural Lands Strategy.
- Rural Lands Strategy: Volume One (1.01 MB)
- Rural Lands Strategy: Volume Two: Discussion Papers
- Discussion Paper 1 - Rural Economic Directions (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Discussion Paper 2 - Commercial Scale Agricultural Directions (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Discussion Paper 3 - Use of Zoning, Overlays and Permissible Uses in NSW (PDF, 3.3 MB)
- Discussion Paper 4 - Potential Changes to State Legislation and Planning Guidelines (PDF, 549.6 KB)
- Discussion Paper 5 - Appreciation of Rural Scenic and Cultural Landscapes (PDF, 1.0 MB)
- Discussion Paper 6 - Managing Biodiversity in Rural Areas (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Discussion Paper 7 - Local Food (PDF, 881.9 KB)
- Discussion Paper 8 - Rural Tourism (PDF, 787.8 KB)
- Discussion Paper 9 - Land Use in the General Rural Areas (PDF, 932.8 KB)
- Discussion Paper 10 - Rural Living in the Rural Residential Areas (PDF, 716.1 KB)
- Rural Lands Strategy: Volume Three - Mapping
- Map 13 Shire Wide Zoning and Lot Size (2.2 MB)
- Map 14 Nelligen (757.0 KB)
- Map 15 Batemans Bay (730.8 KB)
- Map 16 Mogo (740.5 KB)
- Map 17 North Moruya (644.4 KB)
- Map 18 Moruya (900.0 KB)
- Map 19 Congo (742.8 KB)
- Map 20 Bodalla (537.6 KB)
- Map 21 Narooma (549.4 KB)
- Map 22 Tilba (537.8 KB)
- Map 23 Belowra (1.1 MB)
- Map 24 Merricumbene (985.3 KB)
- Map 25 Buckenbowra (1.1 MB)
We engaged consultants from Garret Barry and Associates to prepare the strategy. The consultants met with the Rural Lands Strategy Steering Committee in May and July 2015.
The draft Rural Lands Strategy was on public exhibition from 16 October to 27 November 2015.
Policy Directions Paper adopted
Council adopted the Policy Directions Paper on 28 July 2015. Council considered 61 submissions received during the exhibition period as well as suggestions that participants made at the Policy Direction Workshops in June and July 2014.
- Adopted Policy Directions Paper (3 MB)
- Council Report 28 July 2015 (1 MB)
- Council Minutes 28 July 2015 (0.5 MB)
Policy Directions Workshops
In June and July 2014, we held a series of Policy Directions Workshops with rural landowners and other interested community members. The workshops were independently facilitated by Mr Danny Wiggins, an experienced planner, educator and facilitator.
You can read an overview of the workshops that Mr Wiggins prepared, and information about how the draft Policy Directions Paper responds to the suggestions raised at the workshops:
Rural Opportunities and Constraints Report
Council considered the Rural Opportunities and Constraints Report and Maps at the Ordinary Meeting held on 27 May 2014.
Review of High Conservation Value Mapping
As part of the Rural Lands Strategy project, in April 2014 we released mapping of high conservation value vegetation in Eurobodalla. We sent a letter to all rural land owners to let them know that this mapping can be viewed and how to request a site inspection to validate the mapping.
So far, six land owners have requested inspections to validate the vegetation on their properties. The Office of Environment and Heritage have performed the site inspections, and changes will now be made to the high conservation value mapping as a result.
- Find out more about the high conservation value mapping and the process for verification of the mapping.
Please contact us to request a site inspection to verify the vegetation on your property.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the Rural Lands Strategy:
- T: 02 4474 1000
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org