Conditions of entry
Budding Artists between the ages of 5 and 18 are invited to submit an artwork for the Eurobodalla Shire Council’s Little Sellers Art Prize 2019.
The theme for the Little Sellers Art Prize is ‘I Can...’ Participants are encouraged to interpret the theme creatively in a way that is meaningful to them.
There are four age categories:
- ages 5 - 8
- ages 9 - 12
- ages 13 - 15
- ages 16 - 18
Six finalists from each category will have their work framed and exhibited during the October school holidays, 2019.
The winner of each category will receive a $50 art voucher to Amanda’s of Mogo artist suppliers.
Each Runner up will receive a $30 art voucher to Amanda’s of Mogo artist suppliers.
The overall winner of the Little Sellers Art Prize is acquisitive and will be chosen from the category winners. The winning entrant will receive $200 from Basil Sellers, art collector, patron and philanthropist.
In addition all entries will be in the running to win:
The Eurobodalla Children’s Award (under 12) of $75 judged by Louise Hatton, Senior Coordinator Children’s Services.
The Eurobodalla Youth Award of $75 judged by Zoe Morgan, Eurobodalla Shire Council’s Community Development and Youth Coordinator.
The three major prizes are acquisitive and will form part of the Shire’s permanent collection.
- One artwork only per entrant.
- Artwork must be the original work of the entrant.
- Your artwork must not exceed A3 in size. (42.0mm x 29.7mm) and can be vertical or horizontal.
- Your Artwork must be two dimensional so it can be framed for exhibition if selected as a finalist.
- Artworks must be on reasonable quality paper. (Please do not use printer paper or similar)
- Artworks must be clearly labelled on the back with your name, age, address, phone number, title of work and which way up the picture should be displayed. (Ensure this does not show through to the front of your work)
- Entrants must allow all works to be reproduced by Eurobodalla Council print and electronic media for the purposes of advertising, promotion and documentation of arts and cultural activities in our Shire.
- Works can include digital drawings.
- Photographic work will not be accepted.
How to enter
- Download your entry form, or pick one up from your local library or schools in Eurobodalla.
- Complete the entry form, including the title of the work.
- Ensure your form is signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Your artwork should be sent flat. We will not be able to frame work that has been rolled or folded. We suggest placing your artwork between two pieces of cardboard.
- Council will take all due care of artworks submitted to the Little Sellers Art Prize but can take no responsibility for any loss or damage to an artwork entry whilst in custody or transit.
- If you would like your artwork returned to you, please enclose a stamped self-address envelope of an appropriate size.
- Return your entry:
- In person to the Eurobodalla libraries or the Eurobodalla Council Administration Building, at Moruya
- By post to
The Little Sellers Art Prize, c/o Indi Carmichael
Eurobodalla Shire Council, PO Box 99 Moruya NSW 2537
- Six finalists will be chosen from each category.
- Finalists will be contacted in the week following the close of judging.
- Due to the expected number of entries, only finalists will be notified. If you are not contacted in the week after close of judging, your entry has not been successful this year.
- Entries will be judged on merit, originality and artistic interpretation of the theme ‘I Can....’
- Chance plays no part in the selection of the winners.
- One winner and one runner up will be chosen from the finalists of each category.
- The winners of the Eurobodalla Children’s and Eurobodalla Youth awards will be chosen from the finalists.
- Entries open: Monday 11 March, 2019
- Entries close: Friday 9 August, 2019 at 4.30pm
- Judging period: 12-16 August, 2019
- Finalists notified: 26-30 August, 2019
- Winners announced: Thursday 26 September, 2019 at 10am
- Exhibition: from Tuesday 1 October to Friday 11 October, 2019
For more information
To find out more contact Council's Coordinator of Creative Arts, Indi Carmichael:
- T: 44741061
- E: Indira Carmichael