- In an emergency, phone 000 (triple zero)
- On mobile phones, phone 112
- People with hearing or speech impairment, phone 106
Council will keep this page updated Monday to Friday, during business hours.
For after-hours information, please phone the relevant emergency contact (listed under 'Related Links').
Current road closures and warnings
Bridges that are closed:
- Cadgee Bridge, Eurobodalla Road, west of Bodalla (since January 2016 flood). Detours are in place.
We expect to complete the replacement of Cadgee Bridge by the end of March 2017.
Read more on our Cadgee Bridge replacement project page.
Safety after heavy rainfall
- Never drive, ride or walk through flood waters.
- After heavy rainfall, drive with extra caution because wet weather can change the surface conditions on many roads, especially unsealed roads.
- In adverse weather, always drive to the conditions.
- For emergency help during a storm or flood, phone the State Emergency Service (SES) on 132 500.
To report any concerns about local roads, waterways, bridges, sportsfields or other related matters, please phone us on:
- during business hours: 02 4474 1391
- after hours: 1800 755 760
To report a concern about the Princes Highway or the Kings Highway, phone the NSW Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) on 131 700.
If you are travelling outside the area, you can check traffic hazard updates on the RMS NSW Live Traffic website.
Disaster assistance grants are available from the NSW Government to low income earners who do not have insurance and can help you pay for essential household contents or structural repairs.
The grants are available at all times (not just when a natural disaster has been declared).
To find out more about these grants:
- phone the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444.
- visit the Disaster Welfare Assistance website.
To report a shark sighting or attack please phone the local NSW Police on 02 4472 0099.