Dogs on beaches and exercise areas
There are a few rules in place to make sure that dogs can be responsibly exercised on Eurobodalla Shire beaches. Most areas are on a 'time-share' basis between those with dogs, and those who would rather be on the beach without dogs, however, some very popular swimming beaches prohibit dogs.
We recognise the important role companion animals play in our society.
In Eurobodalla there are:
- time-share and 24-hour off-leash exercise areas
- time-share and 24-hour leashed exercise areas
- prohibited areas.
Beaches with time-share arrangements mean that:
- From 1 May to 31 October, dogs are allowed on the beach anytime.
- From 1 November to 30 April, dogs are allowed on the beach after 5pm and before 9am.
- From 1 November to 30 April, dogs are not allowed on the beach between 9am at 5pm.
Dogs must remain leashed until you get to the designated off leash exercise area. Animals must always be under the care and control of a competent person.
You can see the full details of where you can exercise your dog below:
Maps by location
Narooma and surrounds
- Mystery Bay
- South Narooma - Nangudga Lake
- Narooma Main Beach
- Narooma - NATA Oval
- North Narooma - Bar Beach
- Dalmeny - Kianga
Tuross and surrounds
Moruya and surrounds
Broulee and surrounds
Malua Bay and surrounds
- Pretty Point and McKenzies
- Malua Bay Overview
- Malua Bay - Main Beach and Reserve
- Garden Bay
- Circuit Beach
Batemans Bay and surrounds
North Batemans Bay and surrounds
We can help you
For all enquiries relating to dogs on beaches and exercise areas, please contact Council's Rangers on:
- T: 02 4474 1019
- E: Council's Rangers.