There are 83 beaches in Eurobodalla.
Surf Life Saving Club volunteers patrol the following four beaches on weekends and public holidays from September to April:
- Surf Beach, Narooma
- Malua Bay Beach
- South Broulee Beach
- South Head, Moruya
During December and January, there are daily paid patrols at eight popular swimming beaches.
- Visit the Beach Safe website for more information about each beach and parking.
- For beach patrol updates and conditions, follow Eurobodalla LifeGuard and Surf Life Saving Far South Coast on twitter.
24hr emergency contact number
In case of emergencies, phone 000.
Beach activities and contacts
Beaches can have hidden dangers, so always swim at patrolled beaches and stay between the red and yellow flags. No flags = no swim.
If you witness a water emergency outside patrolled locations, phone 000 and ask for Police.
- Rips can be difficult to see, so always observe the rhythm and movement of the sea before entering the surf. If you're unsure about how to identify a rip, check with your local Surf Lifesaving club.
- Calm bays and protected beaches are the safest places to enjoy swimming and snorkeling.
- Avoid swimming or surfing in rough seas, and never go into the water when safety warnings or beach closures are in force.
- Board riders, please keep your boards away from flagged areas, for your own and others' safety.
- Always wear a life jacket when boating, kayaking or fishing. Sea and surf conditions can change quickly, and you might not have time to put on a life jacket when you suddenly need it.
For more beach safety information contact your closest Surf Lifesaving Club or visit the Beach Safe website.
The Nippers program teaches surf skills to children aged 6 to 14 years old.
14 to 18 year-olds join the Cadet and Junior programs.
- Malua Bay, Broulee, Moruya and Narooma Surf Life Saving Clubs run Nippers programs. Contact your local club to sign up.
Moruya SLSC Special Nippers
Special Nippers provides a safe beach experience to children and adolescents with disability.
- Bookings are essential, please contact Moruya SLSC to book or for more information.
Beach accessible wheelchairs
Beach wheelchairs are available for free at some beaches during the patrolled season.
You can ask the volunteer lifesavers on patrol at the beach if the chairs are available, but we recommend that you contact the lifesaving clubs in advance.
Surf Life Saving Club contact details
Eurobodalla Shire Council proudly supports employed lifeguards and volunteer life savers at our patrolled beaches during summer and off peak seasons.
Batemans Bay SLSC
Broulee Surfers SLSC
Contact Tuross Beach Holiday Park:
- T: 02 4473 8236