Little Sellers Art Prize
Budding artists between the ages 5-18 are invited to enter Eurobodalla Shire Council’s Little Sellers Art Prize 2021.
This years theme is Hands, Head, Heart. Participants are encouraged to interpret the theme creatively in a way that is meaningful to them.
There are four age categories:
- ages 5-8
- ages 9-12
- ages 13-15
- ages 16-18
Six finalists will be chosen from each age category, with all entrant submissions being exhibited at the Basil Sellers Exhibition Centre 14–22 August 2021.
A winner and a runner up will be chosen from each finalist age category. Winners of each category will receive a $50 voucher and runners up a $30 voucher to spend on art supplies at Amanda’s of Mogo,
The overall winner of the Little Sellers Art Prize is acquisitive and will be chosen from the category winners. The winning entrant will receive $200 from art collector, patron of the arts and philanthropist, Mr. Basil Sellers.
In addition, finalists will be in the running to win:
- The Eurobodalla Children’s Award (5-12 years) of $75 judged by Coordinator Children’s Services, Louise Hatton
- The Eurobodalla Youth Award (13-18 years) of $75 judged by Community Development and Youth Coordinator, Zoe Morgan
All three major prizes are acquisitive and will form part of Council’s permanent collection.
- Entries open: Monday 15 March 2021, 8.30am
- Entries close: Friday 25 June 2021, 4.30pm
- Judging period: 1 to 9 July 2021
- Finalists notified: by 30 July 2021
- Winners announced: Thursday 19 August 2021, 10am at the Bas
- Exhibition: 14 to 22 August 2021
Conditions of entry
- Only one artwork per entrant.
- Artwork must be the original work of the entrant.
- Artwork must not exceed A3 in size (42.0mm x 29.7mm) and can be vertical or horizontal.
- Artwork must be two dimensional and presented on reasonable quality paper so it can be displayed in the exhibition centre. Please do not use printer or similar paper.
- Artwork must be clearly labelled on the back with artist name, age, address, phone number, title of work and the direction the picture should be displayed, ensuring labelling is not visible from the front of your work.
- Entrants must allow all works to be reproduced by Eurobodalla Council in print and digital media formats for the purposes of advertising, promotion and documentation of arts and cultural activities occurring within the shire.
- Works can include digital drawings.
- Photographic work will not be accepted.
- Entry forms can be downloaded from the Eurobodalla Shire Council website.
- Completed entry forms must include the title of the work, name of the entrants school and be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Artwork should be sent flat, we suggest placing your artwork between two pieces of cardboard.
- Council will take all due care of artworks submitted to the Little Sellers Art Prize but takes no responsibility for any loss or damage to artwork whilst in custody or transit. All works will be returned to the entrant’s school at the conclusion of the exhibition.
Entries can be submitted:
- in person: at Eurobodalla libraries or Council's administrative building, 89 Vulcan Street, Moruya.
- by email: Indira.firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post: The Little Sellers Art Prize
c/o Indi Carmichael
Eurobodalla Shire Council
PO Box 99 Moruya NSW 2537
- Six finalists will be chosen from each category and will be contacted following the close of judging.
- Due to the expected number of entries, only finalists will be notified. If you are not contacted, then your entry is not a finalist this year.
- Entries will be judged on merit, originality, and artistic interpretation of the theme ‘Hands, Head, Heart.
- Chance plays no part in the selection of the winners.
- One winner and one runner up will be chosen from the finalists of each category.
- The overall winner will be chosen from the category winners.
- The winners of the Eurobodalla Children’s and Eurobodalla Youth awards will be chosen from the finalists.
For more information contact Creative Arts Coordinator Indira Carmichael:
- T: 4474 1061
- E: Indira Carmichael
Little Sellers Art Prize 2020 winning artwork by Courtni Whittaker titled 'Different Places to See and Go'.