DA fee rebate
At the Ordinary Council Meeting on 23 June 2020, councillors endorsed $200,000 of the Disaster Recovery Funding from the Commonwealth Government (to help property owners significantly affected by the bushfires) to be allocated to assist eligible Eurobodalla residents with the cost of Development Application (DA) fees to rebuild their homes.
- Property is within the Eurobodalla Shire.
- Property is deemed as 'eligible' for bushfire rate relief - identified by NSW Government (Service NSW) as being destroyed or significantly damaged by 2019/20 bushfires. Properties not on the list may still qualify providing there is sufficient evidence that the DA relates to replacing infrastructure damaged/destroyed by the fires. Funding is limited so there is no guarantee that all applicants will receive a rebate. Applicants not on the list that relate to replacement of residential property will be prioritised.
- You are/were the registered owner of the property at the time of the 2019/20 bushfires.
- The DA to rebuild (at the bushfire affected property) was lodged in the name of the person/s listed above (eligibility item 3).
(Note: Rebates are not available to property owners who purchased properties affected by the 2019/20 bushfires and are subsequently lodging DAs in their names).
- The DA for eligible property has been lodged and paid in full (by property owner, insurance company or other).
- Only one DA Fee Rebate application will be accepted per eligible property (rebate applies only to Development Application fees - no other fees are eligible for rebate).
- DA fee rebates of up to $1,000 are available. If you are staging your rebuild process, you may wish to apply for the DA Fee Rebate on the most expensive DA to receive maximum rebate of $1,000.
- If DA fees paid are less than $1,000 only the total amount paid up to $1,000 will be refunded if successful.
If successful, the DA Fee Rebate will be paid via electronic funds transfer and bank account must be in one or more of the eligible property owners' names.
Applications are open
Applications for the DA Fee Rebate opened on Wednesday 1 July 2020 to eligible property owners who lodge and pay for Development Applications on eligible properties between 1 January 2020 and 31 December 2021.
Download and print an application form
If you prefer, you can download a printable version of this application form to complete and return to us.
Update as at 30 June 2021
- 102 applications received
- 92 applications deemed successful
- $75,666 reimbursed to the 92 eligible applicants (amounts depend on individual DA fees incurred - maximum reimbursement $1000 per applicant)
- Balance of $124,335 remaining for reimbursements (applications must be received by 5pm, 31 December 2021).
If you have questions or need help completing your application, please contact our donations officer: