Raindance: Financial assistance for drought affected farmers
Applications now closed
Applications closed Wednesday 30 June 2021.
Raindance was a community fundraiser aimed at assisting drought affected farmers in both the Eurobodalla Shire and it's sister shire - Cobar.
- On 23 November 2018, three fundraising events in Batemans Bay, Moruya and Narooma raised $44,065.05 from ticket sales, raffles, and auctions.
- 75% of the money raised was donated to Cobar Shire Council to support their drought affected community.
- On 27 October 2020, Mayor Liz Innes requested the Eurobodalla Disaster Relief Committee assist to distribute the remaining fund balance of $11,205.
- The original closing date for Raindance funding applications was 28 February 2021
- 22 applications for funding were received
- 19 applications met the criteria and were deemed successful, each receiving $400
- Applications were extended until 30 June 2021 due to $3,605 remaining
- Despite media, mail outs and distribution through LLS and Local Farmers networks, no further applications were received
- The Committee agreed that the remaining $3,605 would be evenly distributed to the original 19 eligible drought affected farmers, exhausting the funding.
If you have any questions or need help completing your application, please contact our Donations Officer, Bruce Kennedy:
- T: 4474 7427
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org