Raindance: Financial assistance for drought affected farmers
Raindance was a community fundraiser aimed at assisting drought affected farmers in both the Eurobodalla Shire and it's sister shire - Cobar.
- On 23 November 2018, three fundraising events in Batemans Bay, Moruya and Narooma raised $44,065.05 from ticket sales, raffles, and auctions.
- 75% of the money raised was donated to Cobar Shire Council to support their drought affected community.
- On 27 October 2020, Mayor Liz Innes requested that the Eurobodalla Disaster Relief Committee assist with distribution of the remaining $11,205 of funds.
- Applications for Raindance funding originally ended on 28 February 2021, but due to funds not being exhausted, the Committee extended applications for funding until Wednesday 30 June, 5pm.
Applications have been extended until Wednesday 30 June 2021, 5pm.
Applications are open to any Eurobodalla resident who could demonstrate they undertaken farming activities in the Eurobodalla Local Government Area (LGA) in the 2018-19 financial year (1 July 2018 - 30 June 2019).
- To demonstrate farming activities, evidence is required to be supplied and be relevant to the 2018-19 financial year (1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019). Examples of evidence of farming activities could include but are not limited to:
- invoices or sale receipts for livestock
- sales receipts for products you sell (how you generate farming income)
- Local Land Services (LLS) returns
- letter from registered tax agent verifying Primary Producer status.
- Applications are dealt with on a 'first in best dressed' basis. Due to the limited amount of funds available (a total of $11,205), there is no guarantee all applicants will successfully gain financial assistance. The Committee encouraged applicants to apply early to increase chances of successfully gaining funding.
- To assist as many applicants as possible, the Committee reserves the right to accept only one application per property.
- Funding is limited at $400 per application (per property). In the case that an applicant undertakes farming activities on multiple properties within the Eurobodalla Local Government Area (LGA), only one application will be assessed and eligible for funding.
- The Committee will undertake a vetting process on all complete applications and reserves the right to assess the eligibility of each application.
- Applications for funding opened on 1 December 2020 at 9am. Applications originally closed on 28 February 2021 at 5pm or on the day when funds are exhausted (whichever occurs first) but due to funds not being exhausted, the Committee decided to extend application period until Wednesday 30 June 2021, 5pm.
- Applicants must supply valid proof of identity (Government approved photo ID) such as drivers licence - front and back.
- Cash payments will not be provided. Payments will be made by direct deposit (EFT) into applicants nominated account.
- Only complete applications will be assessed. Incomplete applications will NOT be eligible for vetting. ALL components must be supplied to enable vetting process.
- Applicants will receive notification advising if they have been successful or unsuccessful for financial assistance within 14 days of a complete application being received.
If you have any questions or need help completing your application, please contact our Donations Officer, Bruce Kennedy:
- T: 4474 7427
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org