Quick Reference Local Transport Information
There are a range of public transport options available in Eurobodalla. For details please contact service providers directly.
On this page:
Local transport service providers
- Batemans Bay Taxi Service: 02 4472 8555
- Moruya Radio Taxis: 02 4474 3455
- Narooma Taxis: 02 4476 4476
- Marshalls Bus Service (Moruya, Tuross Head and districts): 02 4474 4991
- Priors Bus Service (Batemans Bay/Moruya districts): 1800 816 234 or 02 4472 4040
- Symons Bus Service (Narooma/Bodalla districts): 02 4476 4827
- Community Transport: 02 4474 1040
- Greater Southern Area Health Patient Transport: 02 4824 1801
- Murrays Australia: 132 251
- Premier Motor Service: 133 410
- Country Care Link: 1800 806 160
- V-Line (Melbourne): 136 196
- Rixons Bus Service (Canberra/Coast) : 02 4474 4243
Timetabled local bus services
- Prior's Bus Service: 1800 816 234 or 02 4472 4040 - scheduled service around Batemans Bay area and sub-regional service between Batemans Bay and Moruya.
- Symons Bus Service: 024476 4827 - scheduled services in Narooma, Dalmeny and Bodalla areas.
Both Priors and Symons operate a low floor accessible bus for people with severe mobility disabilities on selected routes. Contact the operator for route details.
Age pensioners and some Centrelink benefit recipients may be eligible for a 'Red Ticket' that provides a discounted fare for all day travel.
Taxis are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Taxis provide on demand, local and long distance, door-to-door transport. To ensure availability outside business hours, bookings should be made in advance. Wheelchair accessible and multiple passenger taxis are available for hire.
Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme
People with a qualifying severe and permanent disability may be eligible to join the Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme, administered by NSW Ministry of Transport:
- T: 1800 623 724
- W: NSW Transport's taxi subsidy scheme webpage
Our Community Transport Service provides high quality, door-to-door transport for eligible people and their carers Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays).
Service types: regular shopping runs, transport to medical appointments, transport to social and recreational activities.
Cost: Fees are kept to a minimum (contact Community Transport for a fee schedule) clients will not be denied service if they are unable to pay.
For bookings, registration, eligibility or more information on services, contact Community Transport between 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday:
- T: 02 4474 1040
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
To assist in the coordination of transport, it may be necessary to negotiate a change in appointment date or time and to share transport.
School bus services
The New South Wales Government funds an extensive network of school bus services. The general public may travel on school buses at the discretion of the bus operator and as long as there are seats available.
For details of the school bus services in your area:
- Look under Bus and Coach Charters in your local Yellow Pages
- Search by town name at www.131500.com.au/countrytransport
- Call the Ministry of Transport (Wollongong Office) on 02 8265 6600
GSAHS Patient Transport Unit
Greater Southern Area Health Service (GSAHS) is funded by NSW Health to assist eligible people in the community who are transport disadvantaged and need access to health care. Our Community Transport service can help you with bookings and information.
Isolated Patient Travel and Accommodation Assistance Scheme (IPTAAS)
Isolated Patient Travel and Accommodation Assistance Scheme (IPTAAS) provides some financial assistance to people who need to travel more than 100km one way to obtain inpatient or outpatient specialist medical treatment and oral surgery (excluding general dentistry) not available locally. Travel must be to the nearest specialist.
Clients transported by Government-funded Community Transport service providers are not eligible for assistance under the IPTAAS.
- For information contact the GSAHS IPTAAS office between 8.30am and 4.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) 1800 800 511.
Long distance coaches
- Murrays Coaches - 132 251 - Canberra/Sydney and Canberra/Eurobodalla Coast.
- Rixons Bus Line - 02 4474 4243 - Canberra/Eurobodalla Coast, with the option of door to door service.
- V-Line - 1800 800 007 - Rail/coach Melbourne/Batemans Bay.
- Premier Motor Service - 133 410 - Sydney/Melbourne via the Eurobodalla Coast.
- CountryLink - 132 232 - CountryLink train connections are available from Canberra via Goulburn onto Sydney and a combined coach and train service from Canberra to Melbourne via Cootamundra. Wheelchair accessible.
- CityRail - 131 500 - A CityRail train connection to Sydney via Wollongong available at Bomaderry (Nowra)
Transport for Veterans
Veterans and War Widows with a white or gold Repatriation Health Card issued by Department of Venterans Affairs may be eligible for assistance with expenses incurred for travelling to a health provider for medical treatment.
DVA may assist with travel expenses for:
- The use of private motor vehicle or public transport
- Taxi, booked car with driver, community transport, ambulance or air travel where this type of transport is necessary;
- Parking expenses, accommodation and meals; or
- Authorised attendants
For more information contact DVA on 133 254 or 1800 555 254.
- Moruya Airport (North Head Drive, Moruya) Regional Express 131 713 www.rex.com.au
Located 28km from Batemans Bay CBD, 7km from Moruya CBD, 50km from Narooma CBD
- Canberra International Airport (2 Brindabella Circuit, Brindabella Business Park ACT 2609) - 02 6275 2222 www.canberraairport.com.au
Providing support and hospitality to rural families visiting Sydney for medical purposes. This is a volunteer service, an initiative of the Sisters of Charity and the Rural Women's Network.
- 1800 806 160
- Sisters of Charity Outreach