Each year the talents and achievements of young people across the country are celebrated during Youth Week; an annual week of festivities organised by young people, for young people.
National Youth Week is an opportunity for young people to:
- express ideas and views
- act on issues affecting their lives
- attend live events
- celebrate their contribution to the community
- showcase their talents
- take part in competitions, and
- have fun!
The theme for Youth Week 2020 held in April was: Speak up. Be involved. Get connected. Have fun.
Eurobodalla Youth Week 2020
As this year's Youth Week was celebrated in April, the activities and events originally planned for the week were impacted by the restrictions in place to slow the spread of Covid-19. To help our young people stay connected and have some fun with their friends during Youth Week we organised some interactive and entertaining online activities, including a social media competition.
Eurobodalla Youth Week 2020 Instagram Competition
By entering our Youth Week Instagram Competition young people from across Eurobodalla were able to share how they have been having fun, staying connected and help others from home. Each post was entered into the draw to win one of six $200 cash prizes awarding great ideas and big laughs.
Congratulations to our winners who were awarded for their creativity, imaginative and sense of humour:
- Winner of the home cooked meal - 'Bear' for his simple and delicious fruit sorbet
- Winner for the best tips for breaking boredom - Liarna for showing us how to grow a veggie patch and teach puppy tricks
- Winner of the best tip for helping others - Lily for showing us how to keep the family entertained by baking, boating and helping out in the garden
Encouragement prizes of $50 were presented to:
- Ella for showing us how to make scrunchies
- Chloe for showing us her impressive dance moves
- Maddison for sharing us how to take care of our homes and gardens
- Ruby for showing us how to make homemade scented candles
Check out the entries on the Eurobodalla Youth Instagram page.
For more information please contact Council's Youth Development Team:
- T: 4474 1302
- E: email@example.com