Council's Rangers are responsible for investigating complaints and enforcing legislation throughout Eurobodalla Shire to enhance our natural environment and protect our way of life.
Much of the work done by Rangers results from requests by members of the community and often involves an investigation. Rangers ensure that a balance is provided to enable consistency in law enforcement to keep people safe, as well as maintain the enjoyment of the local area and lifestyle for people within the community.
Rangers are on duty five days a week from 7.30am to 4.30pm (excluding Christmas Day and public holidays). Outside of these hours, a Ranger can be contacted for emergency matters only. These include public health and safety issues such as stock on public roads and serious dog attacks. To report all after hours emergencies, please call 02 4474 1000.
Rangers can assist in investigating and/or the enforcement of legislation associated with:
- companion animal management (including lost or roaming dogs) and dangerous dogs
- barking dogs
- noise complaints
- stock control
- abandoned vehicles
- obstructions on footpaths
- illegal trading and street vending
- parking enforcement
- school zones
- illegal dumping and litter control
- stormwater pollution
- overgrown properties and illegal tree removal.
Rangers cannot assist in matters regarding:
- speeding vehicles
- noisy parties
- underage drinking
- fallen trees on private property due to storm damage
- electrical, gas or water supply emergencies.
For these matters, please contact the local Police or State Emergency Service (SES) on 132 500 (in relation to fallen trees on private property), and the relevant supply contractor in relation to electrical, gas or water supply emergencies.
Revenue NSW is responsible for the review of penalty representations, the receipt and processing of fines issued by Council, and the administering of the fine enforcement system for the collection of unpaid fines.
If you have received a fine from Council that you wish to dispute, please contact Revenue NSW on:
- T: 1300 138 118
- W: Revenue NSW
- Keeping of roosters and chickens - Eurobodalla Shire Council
- Dog-friendly beaches and exercise areas - Eurobodalla Shire Council
- For pet owners - Eurobodalla Shire Council
- Illegal dumping - Eurobodalla Shire Council
We can help you
For all Ranger-related enquiries, please contact Council's Rangers on:
- T: 02 4474 1019
- E: Council's Rangers