You are here:
Website Secondary navigation Water quality
'Good' rating: bacterial levels are safe for bathing according to National Health & Medical Research Council guidelines.
- Malua Bay Beach adjacent to surf club.
Potential pollution sources and catchment use
- urban stormwater
- reticulated sewerage system and pump stations
- onsite sewerage management systems in upper catchment.
Pollution - mode of impact
- via intermittently flowing creeks with low volume discharge
- public toilet on beach reserve
- pollution from vessels at sea.