You are here:
Website Secondary navigation Water quality
Narooma Shark Net
'Good' rating: bacterial levels are safe for bathing according to National Health & Medical Research Council guidelines.
- netted ocean pool at northern breakwall.
Potential pollution sources and catchment use
- urban stormwater
- onsite sewerage management systems
- reticulated sewer system and pump stations
- rural land-use
- sewer treatment plant.
Pollution - mode of impact
- via estuary with high volume discharge
- pollution from vessels at sea or in the inlet
- remote effective ocean outfall.