Waste management information and publications
Below you will find information and publications Council's Waste Services has prepared, and useful links you may find helpful to manage your waste:
- How to dispose of cleaners, medications and cosmetics safely
- How to dispose of paint safely
- How to dispose of pesticides safely
- How to dispose of solvents safely
- How to dispose of used motor oil safely
- How to dispose of wood preservatives safely
- drumMUSTER Program
- Safely disposing of asbestos waste from your home.
- A-Z of waste disposal - how do I dispose of these household items? (568 KB)
- What goes in which bin (350 KB)
- Domestic residual waste (red-lid bin) audit (1 MB).
- Frequently asked questions and answers about waste and recycling services
- Worm farming and home composting Youtube videos
Have a look at these informative videos about worm farming and composting from Tumbleweed.
- Canberra Region Joint Organisation
The Canberra Region Joint Organisation (CRJO) is an association made up of ten councils that surround Canberra, plus the ACT Government. The organisation aims to strengthen regional coordination and improve delivery of important infrastructure and services.
- NSW Environment Protection Authority:
- Waste and recycling information
- Waste Wise events
This site offers you, the event organiser, stallholder, Council representative or venue owner, the resources to plan and implement an effective waste management and recycling program at your next event.
- Easy guide to recycling
Australians love to recycle. In fact, we are one of the best recycling nations in the world! But recycling can be tricky. This brochure offers some tips on how to make it a little easier.
- Compelling reasons to compost.