Annual chemical cleanout
Eurobodalla residents can rid their homes of unwanted chemicals for free. The chemical cleanout allows residents to take unwanted chemicals to designated drop-off points in Batemans Bay, Moruya and Narooma.
Our chemical collection occurs once a year, so don't miss out because most of these items cannot be accepted at Council's waste management facilities.
This year's dates are:
- 5 September 2020, 8.00am – 2.30pm at Gundary Oval Carpark, Campbell Street, Moruya
- 6 September 2020, 8.00am – 2.30pm at Library Carpark, Graham Street, Narooma
- 6 September 2020, 8.00am – 2.30pm at Hanging Rock Boat ramp, Hanging Rock Place, Batemans Bay
What items will be accepted?
The following items will be accepted at designated drop-off points:
Oxidisers, solvents, paints, varnishes, household cleaners, poisons, pool chemicals, acids, alkalis, medicines, pesticides, fungicides, weed killers, fertilisers, fuel, oils, gas cylinders, smoke detectors, household batteries, compact fluorescent light globes and sharps (syringes).
What items won't be accepted?
The following items won't be accepted at designated drop-off points:
Asbestos, explosives, clinical waste and radioactive materials (except smoke detectors).
Why is it important to properly dispose of chemicals?
Household hazardous chemicals are sometimes disposed of improperly by pouring waste down the drain, on the ground, into stormwater drains, or putting them out with the garbage. They have the potential to cause physical injury, contaminate wastewater treatment systems, and can contaminate land and drinking water supplies. They can also present hazards to children and pets if left around the house.
This project is a NSW EPA Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the Waste Levy.
Information about what will and won't be accepted at the household chemical cleanout is contained in Council's Household Waste and Recycling Guide:
You can also read the following publications about how to manage your waste disposal at home:
- A-Z of waste disposal - how do I dispose of these household items? (568 KB)
- How to dispose of cleaners, medications and cosmetics safely
- How to dispose of paint safely
- How to dispose of pesticides safely
- How to dispose of solvents safely
- How to dispose of used motor oil safely
- How to dispose of wood preservatives safely
- drumMUSTER program