Water saving tips
Every day habits that make a difference
- Fill the washing machine or dishwasher instead of doing half or not-quite-full loads.
- Avoid rinsing dishes or other items under a running tap.
- Turn off the tap when cleaning teeth or shaving.
- Flush the toilet less.
- Wash the car less, and only on the grass.
- Use a broom, not a hose, to clear driveways and pathways.
- Challenge yourself and your household to limit showers to 3 minutes or less.
Outside and in the garden
- If you have a pool or spa, use a cover to restrict evaporation.
- Reuse your dishwater in the garden.
- Only wash your car or boat on the lawn, and only after 5pm and before 10am.
- Only use a handheld hose for the garden if it is fitted with a trigger nozzle, and only after 5pm and before 10am.
- Let the lawn go brown during dry seasons.
- Consider drought tolerant native plants that do not need a lot of water, or group plants with similar needs together.
- Book a free water-wise and bush-friendly garden visit with our Environment Team to get personalised tips and ideas for your garden.
Around the house
Useful links relating to Eurobodalla water