Healthy End of Life Project
Project: Increase the local community’s capacity and capability around death, dying and bereavement.
Funding: This project was originally funded by COORDINARE - South Eastern NSW PHN through the Australian Government's PHN Program. Project actions are now being funded by Eurobodalla Council.
Timeframe: May 2022 to December 2023
Last updated: June 2023
Latest news: June 2023Council is calling all relevant agencies, services and community groups to register and become part of the directory.
We are working to:
- compile a directory that includes end-of-life services available to people in Eurobodalla.
Benefits to the community:
- People who require end-of-life support will be able to find services in one location.
The experience of end of life has a big impact on all of us in many ways throughout our lives. Getting and offering support to others during that important phase is worth thinking about now.
Eurobodalla was one of the first councils to partner with La Trobe University and Palliative Care NSW’S CAPACITY-HELP (Healthy End of Life Project). HELP aims to keep people who are ageing or living with a life-limiting illness connected with family, friends and community.
Council will create a community directory that includes end-of-life services.
Initially available as a downloadable PDF, the directory will help people find local services to support them at their end of life.
- Council is calling all relevant agencies, services and community groups to register and become part of the directory.
- Provide your details by filling out the quick registration form before the end of August 2023.
- Register your organisation
- We sought input from community members, agencies and service providers via an online survey, a planning workshop and information sessions to gather information about Eurobodalla's end-of-life services and needs.
For more information please contact Healthy End of Life project officer, Shanna Provost:
- 44741 000
- Shanna Provost