Eurobodalla Road, urban road reconstruction
Project: Upgrading a 800-metre section of Eurobodalla Road, Bodalla, to provide safer travel for pedestrians and road users
Funding: NSW Government Fixing Country Roads program - $446,291 and Council contribution - $450,000
Timeframe: August to December 2019
Last updated: June 2021
Eurobodalla Road is a narrow road providing the only access to the Eurobodalla and Nerrigundah Valleys. Vehicles using the road are predominantly large freight trucks, carrying quarry products, milk, forestry products and general farm supplies. Eurobodalla Road is also a school bus route.
Council has identified a section of Eurobodalla Road as a priority for reconstruction. The work area begins at Sutcliffe Street and extends 800 metres to the south-east.
The work includes:
- widening the road
- installing stormwater pipes
- constructing kerb and guttering on the eastern side of the road
- providing a new road pavement
- building a footpath separated from the road.
The improvements to the road will provide greater structural capacity to carry heavy loads and increase safety for all road users.
The drainage works will reduce environmental impacts of stormwater runoff as well as improve access to properties.
The 1.5m wide concrete footpath will benefit the local community, providing pedestrians and young cyclists safer access into the village of Bodalla.
- Our crew have been busy over the last couple of months giving the road its makeover.
- The new footpath looks great and will make the walk into town a whole lot easier.
- The big tidy up is underway and the new turf sure neatens up the roadside.
- We’ve completed the stormwater works and have levelled the road with new material.
- We are now installing the kerb and gutter giving a neat and defined edge to the road.
- Once it's completed, we will get started on the new footpath.
- Our crew are working to improve the stormwater network by creating new drainage lines.
- Next up, material will be brought in to raise the level of the road at the eastern end further helping with stormwater runoff.
- Tree clearing works are underway making room so we can begin widening the road.
- Our construction folk have been setting up sediment control measures to minimise environmental impacts once the earthworks begin.
For more information about the Eurobodalla Road reconstruction project, please contact our Project Engineer, Mark Cutting:
- T: 02 4474 1391
- E: Council