Website Main content
Website Secondary navigation Development and planning

Building certification

Once you have either a Complying Development Certificate or Construction Certificate (following the issue of development consent), you need to appoint a Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) before you start any building or subdivision works. A PCA is either Council or a private Accredited Certifier who oversees the construction or subdivision process.

The PCA will carry out an inspection at each required stage of construction and issue an Occupation Certificate (for any building work), when the conditions specified in the development consent have been met and the building is suitable for occupation or use in accordance with its classification under the Building Code of Australia.

Appointment of a Principal Certifying Authority

You can appoint Council or a private Certifier to be the PCA for your development.

Council's Building Certification Team offer a variety of certification services and are qualified to certify any development within Eurobodalla Shire.

If you want to appoint Council as the PCA, please complete the nomination on the following form:

  • You can lodge your application with Council's Development Help Desk staff in person:
    • at the customer service centre, corner of Vulcan Street and Campbell Street, Moruya
    • between 8.30am and 4.30pm.
  • You can email your application to Council's Development Help Desk staff at:
  • You can mail your application to:
    • Development Help Desk, Eurobodalla Shire Council, PO Box 99 MORUYA NSW 2537.

For more information about the major steps in the construction process, refer to our construction process page.

Council's certification services

  • We provide the complete range of certification services: building certification and inspections and associated advice.
  • We can give you building advice during the Development Application stage, which will streamline the construction process.
  • We only work in Eurobodalla Shire so we are always a short distance from your development site, allowing us to be flexible and accommodate your needs.
  • We are qualified to certify any development within Eurobodalla Shire.
  • We provide quick advice and assistance.

We can help you

If you need more information about our building certification services, please contact our Development Help Desk:

  • T: 02 4474 1231
  • E: Development Help Desk
  • visit our customer service centre at the corner of Vulcan Street and Campbell Street, Moruya, Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 4.30pm.