Once you have either a Complying Development Certificate or Construction Certificate (following the issue of development consent), you need to appoint a principal certifier before you start any building or subdivision works. A principal certifier is either Council or a private registered certifier who oversees the construction or subdivision process.
The principal certifier will carry out an inspection at each required stage of construction and issue an Occupation Certificate (for any building work), when the conditions specified in the development consent have been met and the building is suitable for occupation or use in accordance with its classification under the Building Code of Australia.
Appointing a principal certifier
You can appoint Council or a private registered certifier to be the principal certifier for your development.
Council's building certification team offer a variety of certification services and are qualified to certify any development within the Eurobodalla Shire.
If you want to appoint Council as the principal certifier, please complete the nomination on the following form:
You can lodge your application with Council's Development Help Desk:
- in person: at our customer service centre on the corner of Vulcan and Campbell streets, Moruya, between 8.30am and 4.30pm.
- by email: Council's Development Help Desk
- by post: Development Help Desk, Eurobodalla Shire Council, PO Box 99 MORUYA NSW 2537.
You can find out more about the major steps in the construction process on our construction process page.
Council's certification services
- We provide the complete range of certification services: building certification and inspections and associated advice.
- We can give you building advice during the Development Application stage, which will streamline the construction process.
- We only work in the Eurobodalla Shire so we are always a short distance from your development site, allowing us to be flexible and accommodate your needs.
- We are qualified to certify any development within the Eurobodalla Shire.
- We provide quick advice and assistance.
We can help you
For more information, contact our Development Help Desk:
- T: 02 4474 1231
- E: Council's Development Help Desk