Website Main content
Website Secondary navigation Building & certification

Step 2: separate approvals/permits

You may need separate approvals or permits for certain parts of your development or activities before you lodge your CDC application, such as:

  • Bushfire Attack Level Certificate (BAL) - required prior to lodgement of a CDC application if the proposed development is within a bushfire prone area. You can check if you are on bushfire prone land on the NSW Government Department of Planning, Industry and Environment's Planning Portal:
  • flood certificate - required for complying development work, if your property is on flood prone land. You can also check if you are on flood prone land on the Planning Portal: