Website Main content
Website Secondary navigation Building and certification

Step 1: applying for a Construction Certificate

A Construction Certificate (CC) is required after development consent is issued and before any work is carried out.

A CC is a type of building approval that certifies the proposed work will comply with the Building Code of Australia (BCA), relevant standards and matters specified in a development consent and relevant legislation.

A CC Application may be lodged at the same time as your Development Application (DA) or at any time after the lodgement of the DA. Lodging the CC Application concurrently will improve the processing time of the CC as Council's Accredited Certifiers will be able to undertake an assessment of your proposal while the DA is being assessed.

To apply to Council for your CC, please complete the application form below and return it to Council along with your plans, the relevant application fee, and specifications and construction detail:

You can phone or email Council's Development Help Desk to obtain a fee quote for lodgement of your application:

  • You can lodge your Construction Certificate Application with Council's Development Help Desk staff in person:
    • at the customer service centre, corner of Vulcan Street and Campbell Street, Moruya
    • between 8.30am and 4.30pm. Please note: ensure you arrive before 4pm so there is sufficient time to thoroughly check and lodge your application. Please make sure you have your completed application form and required copies of plans and documents with you. You will also need to pay your application fees at the time of lodgement.
  • You can email your application to Council's Development Help Desk staff at:
  • If you are mailing your application, include your payment with your application to avoid delay in lodgement. You can mail your application to:
    • Development Help Desk, Eurobodalla Shire Council, PO Box 99 MORUYA NSW 2537.

A development consent and CC are not required where an application for a Complying Development Certificate (CDC) is made.

Complying development is a type of approval for development that meets all of the relevant standards in The State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008, Building Regulation and other relevant legislation has been satisfied.

A CDC is also required before commencement of works.