Website Main content
Website Secondary navigation Development and planning

Informal request to view a property file

If you are looking to buy or sell a property, an 'informal request to view a property file' is a free electronic service that allows you to view Open Access documents that Council holds for the property, without the need to travel to Council's Customer Service Centre at Moruya to view the documents in person. The process for accessing this service requires you to submit an Informal Request to View a Property File Application Form, detailing the specific documents you would like to view. Council’s Customer Service Team will then provide you with an electronic copy of the documents requested via Council’s OneDrive online portal, which will be available for a period of up to 21 days.

If you are not the owner of the property you are seeking information about, and would like to view the floor plans, owner’s consent must be provided with your application. Owner’s consent must be in the form of a letter and contain the names of the owner and applicant, the property address and the owner's signature.

What documents are available to me?

Some of the documents held in Council's records are classified 'Open Access documents' under Section 18 of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act). This means any member of the public is able to access these documents, free of charge, under the provisions of the GIPA Act.

Documents that are available include:

  • Development Application (DA)
  • DA notification
  • DA advertisement
  • DA approvals (consent)
  • elevations
  • floor plans (owner’s consent must be given prior to viewing floor plans. A consent letter must be attached with the application in order for it to be accepted and processed)
  • site plans
  • Building Certificates
  • Construction Certificates
  • Occupation Certificates
  • Interim Occupation Certificates
  • building inspection sheets
  • exterior plans
  • OSSM (Onsite Sewer Management System) applications
  • Notice of Work
  • Certificate of Compliance
  • Owner-Builder Permit
  • other (some property files managed by Council include documents that are not classified as Open Access, or concern a third party. If you wish to obtain copies of such information, you will be required to submit a formal request under the GIPA Act, to which an application fee and a processing fee applies. Refer to Council's current fees and charges for details).

Who can apply for an informal request to view a property file?

Any member of the public can apply for an Informal Request to View a Property File for any property in Eurobodalla Shire. However, conveyancers, solicitors and prospective property owners/buyers are the most common applicants.

How do I apply?

You can apply for an Informal Request to View a Property File by completing the following application form:

The application form can be submitted:

  • in person at Council's Customer Service Centre on the corner of Vulcan Street and Campbell Street, Moruya, between 8.30am and 4.30pm
  • by email to Council
  • by post to:
    • Eurobodalla Shire Council, PO Box 99, MORUYA  NSW  2537.

There is no cost for a standard application. Please note, a standard application may take up to 10 working days to process.

Council also offers an expediency service if you wish to prioritise your application, however, this incurs a fee. You can refer to Council's current fees and charges for details.

We can help you

If you need more information about the informal request to view a property file process, please contact our Customer Service Team on:

  • T: 02 4474 1000
  • E: Customer Service Team
  • Visit our Customer Service Centre at the corner of Vulcan Street and Campbell Street, Moruya, Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 4.30pm.