Informal request to view a residential property file
If you are looking to buy or sell a residential property, an 'informal request to view a residential property file' is an electronic service that allows you to view certain documents relating to historical Development Applications that Council holds for the property.
The process for accessing this service requires you to submit an 'Informal Request to View a Property File Application Form', detailing the specific documents you would like to view. Council’s Customer Service and Information Team will then provide you with an electronic copy of the available documents requested via Council’s OneDrive online portal.
If you are not the owner of the property you are seeking information about, and would like to view the floor plans of the property, owner’s consent must be provided with your application. Owner’s consent must be in the form of a letter and contain the names of the owner and applicant, the property address and the owner's signature.
What documents are available to me?
Some of the documents held in Council's records are classified 'Open Access documents' under Section 18 of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act). This means any member of the public is able to access these documents under the provisions of the GIPA Act.
Documents that are available include:
- Development Application (DA)
- DA approval (consent)
- Approved elevation plan
- Approved floor plan (owner’s consent must be given prior to viewing floor plans)
- Approved site plan
- Building Certificate
- Construction Certificate
- Occupation Certificate
- Home Warranty Insurance document
- OSSM (onsite sewer) consent
- Approved OSMS plan
- Final plumbing and drainage.
How do I apply?
You can apply for an informal request to view a residential property file by completing the following application form:
The application form can be submitted:
- by email to Council
- in person at Council's Customer Service Centre on the corner of Vulcan Street and Campbell Street, Moruya, between 8.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
- by post to:
- Eurobodalla Shire Council, PO Box 99, MORUYA NSW 2537.
- As per the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act), the above documents listed dated after 1 July 2010 must be made available free of charge. Documents dated prior to 1 July 2010 will incur a fee.
- As per Council's Customer Service Charter, we require up to 10 working days to process an application.
- Council offers an expediency service if you wish to prioritise your application, however, this incurs a fee. You can refer to Council's current fees and charges for details.
- Enquiries for DA documents for a commercial property need to be made by contacting Council’s Customer Service and Information Team on 02 4474 7344.
We can help you
If you need more information about the informal request to view a residential property file process, please contact our Customer Service and Information Team on:
- T: 02 4474 1000
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our Customer Service Centre at the corner of Vulcan Street and Campbell Street, Moruya, Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 4.30pm.