Website Main content
Website Secondary navigation Development

Step 10: building works commence

Once your Construction Certificate (CC) has been issued, your building works can commence.

The Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979 specifies critical stage inspections that are required at certain stages of the building works and, if missed, you may not be able to get an Occupation Certificate. You need to be aware of these inspections and ensure they are carried out at the appropriate time.

Where Council is your Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) we will provide a letter with your CC that includes a list of the critical stage inspections required throughout the construction of the building.

Either the contractor (builder) or the owner builder can request inspections from Council.

To request an inspection, contact us at least 24 hours before an inspection is needed via:

Once Council has completed all critical stage inspections and is satisfied that the work is compliant, you will be issued with an Occupation Certificate.