Development control plans and codes
Development Control Plans (DCPs) are documents that provide planning and building design guidelines for new development or alterations to existing development. They are used by applicants as a guide to determine what type of development is applicable in the locality and Council staff use these guidelines to determine the merits of the proposal.
DCPs are adopted by Council and describe the controls that development should meet such as building styles, materials used and appropriate locations for development.
Development control plans
- Batemans Bay Regional Centre DCP (2.05 MB)
- Bodalla Village DCP (2.23 MB)
- Industrial Zones DCP (489 KB)
- Mogo Village Commercial Centre DCP (1.96 MB)
- Moruya Township DCP (2.07 MB)
- Narooma Township DCP (2.30 MB)
- Neighbourhood Centres DCP (2.01 MB)
- Nelligen Village DCP (2.11 MB)
- Residential Zones DCP (2.80 MB)
- Rural R5 Large Lot Residential and E4 Environmental Living Zones DCP (879 KB)
- Tilba Villages and Conservation Area DCP (1.62 MB)
Codes are acceptable design standards prepared by Council to guide and control development in Eurobodalla Shire.
Some of these codes are referenced in the Development Control Plans and should be read in conjunction with the relevant DCP. They should also be used as a guideline in the design process.
- Build in the Vicinity of Sewer Mains Code of Practice (459.3 KB)
- Community Engagement Framework and Participation Plan (609 KB)
- Design Guidelines for Rainwater Tanks Where an Existing Reticulated Water Supply Exists (1.1 MB)
- Footpath Trading Code (604.8 KB)
- Interim Coastal Hazard Adaptation Code (3.87 MB)
- Infrastructure Design Standard (3.9 MB)
- Landscaping Code (325.9 KB)
- Liquid Trade Waste Discharge to Sewerage System (719.0 KB)
- Moruya Floodplain Code(353.6 KB)
- On Site Sewerage Management Code of Practice (732.9 KB)
- Parking and Access Code (730.4 KB)
- Safer by Design Code (667.7 KB)
- Signage Code (699.0 KB)
- Site Waste Minimisation and Management Code (659.3 KB)
- Soil and Water Management Code (222.6 KB)
- Tree Preservation Code (475.5KB)
Certain townships and villages within Eurobodalla Shire have adopted style guides due to the community wishing to maintain the unique character and charm of their town. The style guides have been developed to encourage development to be compatible with the unique character and charm of the township.
The following style guides apply in Eurobodalla Shire:
We can help you
If you need more information, or would like to check which DCP applies to your land, please phone our Development Help Desk:
- T: 02 4474 1231
- E: Council's Development Help Desk
- visit our customer service centre at the corner of Vulcan Street and Campbell Street, Moruya, Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 4.30pm.