- Nominees must be a resident of the Eurobodalla Shire
- Individuals cannot nominate themselves
- This award is for individuals. Clubs, associations or any other organisations cannot be nominated.
How to enter
- Complete the Local Hero Award nomination form through Eurobodalla Shire Council's SmartyGrants Portal.
Suggestions for inclusion in your nomination
You might like to describe:
- the nominee and why you believe they should be considered for the Local Hero Award
- how the nominee has been an inspirational role model for our community
- how many years’ service have they provided
- how many local organisations they have served with/supported
- the number of voluntary hours worked
- the benefit to the community from the nominee’s service or contribution
- examples of how the nominee has gone “above and beyond”
- other outstanding achievements by the nominee
- other recognition of the nominee’s contribution or work, including publicity
- whether the nominee worked as part of a team and their role within the team
- whether the nominee has sought assistance from or worked with Council, government or other grants
- whether the nominee has had to overcome any particular difficulties or hurdles
- who has benefited most from the work.
Entries close Friday 1 May 2020
- Nominations must be received by Friday 1 May 2020, 4pm.
- A selection panel will choose three finalists from the nominations received. The selection panel will be made up of three people including the Mayor.
- Winners will be announced on Wednesday 20 May 2020.
For all enquiries contact Anna Waters:
- T: 02 4474 1358
- E: Anna Waters