- Nominees must be a resident of the Eurobodalla Shire
- Individuals cannot nominate themselves
- This award is for individuals. Clubs, associations or any other organisations cannot be nominated.
How to enter
- Complete the Local Hero Award nomination form through Eurobodalla Shire Council's SmartyGrants Portal. Or using the nomination form available on the main Local Hero Award page.
- If you are unable to complete the nomination form online, you can fill out a hard copy of the form which will be available from the front counter of our main administration building in Moruya and at each of our libraries.
- Include any additional information or documentation that supports the nomination.
Suggestions for inclusion in your nomination
You might like to describe:
- the nominee and why you believe they should be considered for the Local Hero Award
- how the nominee has been an inspirational role model for our community
- how many years’ service have they provided
- how many local organisations they have served with/supported
- the number of voluntary hours worked
- the benefit to the community from the nominee’s service or contribution
- examples of how the nominee has gone “above and beyond”
- other outstanding achievements by the nominee
- other recognition of the nominee’s contribution or work, including publicity
- whether the nominee worked as part of a team and their role within the team
- whether the nominee has sought assistance from or worked with Council, government or other grants
- whether the nominee has had to overcome any particular difficulties or hurdles
- who has benefited most from the work.
Submit the Nomination Form and any attachments
- Online: through Smarty Grants
- By email: to email@example.com
- By post: to Eurobodalla Shire Council PO Box 99, Moruya NSW 2537
- In person: at the front counter of our main administration building in Moruya
Entries close Friday 3 May 2019
Nominations must be received by 4pm on Friday 3 May 2019.
A selection panel will choose three finalists from the nominations received. The selection panel will be made up of three people including the Mayor.
All nominees and their nominators will be invited to attend the Local Hero Awards presentation ceremony at the Eurobodalla Regional Botanic Garden on Thursday 23 May 2019 at 11.30 where the finalists and winner will be announced.
For all enquiries contact Anna Waters on 02 4474 1358.