Terms and Conditions
Your stories can be about anything. We just want young people to get writing and be imaginative. The judges will be looking for stories that are creative and have a unique plot.
The Mayor's Writing Competition is open to young people aged five to 18 years who live in Eurobodalla.
Terms and conditions
- One entry per person
- The word 'seed' must appear in the text at least once
- All work must be original and not previously published
- All hard copy entries including cover and optional illustrations to be submitted on A4 white paper in a plastic sleeve or A4 envelope with completed entry form. Please, no paperclips or staples.
- All pages to have a 20mm left hand margin
- Work must include a title page listing title and author
- Word limit for primary school aged entrants - 500 words (maximum four x A4 pages, including title page)
- Word limit for secondary aged school entrants - 1000 words (maximum six x A4 pages, including title page)
- Winners in each section will receive a $50 book voucher
- Runners-up in each section will receive a $30 book voucher
- Judge’s certificates of encouragement will be presented by Eurobodalla Federation of Australian Writers
- Judge's decision is final and only finalists will be contacted from 15 June 2019.
To enter the competition, complete your entry form and return it to us by Friday 3 May at 5pm.
Return your form to us:
- by email
- by post: Mayor's writing competition
PO Box 99
Moruya NSW 2537
- in person: at your nearest library.
For more information contact your library: