Website Main content
Thursday 17 October 2019
- Council response to IPART reviews
Councillors will receive a report outlining Eurobodalla's response to the NSW Government’s recent review of the local government system.
Wednesday 16 October 2019
- Night-time road closures for Bay CBD
A section of Beach Road at Batemans Bay will be closed for night works at the end of October.
Tuesday 15 October 2019
- Community event grants now open
Do you have a great idea for a community event but need financial support to get it up and running?
- Snapper Island suits Bay penguins
Snapper Island holds a surprise which even locals are often unaware – breeding colonies of little penguins.
Monday 14 October 2019
- Level 1 water restrictions now in effect
Level 1 water restrictions come into effect today, Monday 14 October 2019, and will remain in force across the shire until further notice.
Friday 11 October 2019
- Planning certainty secured for Eurobodalla
Eurobodalla Mayor Liz Innes and Member for Bega Andrew Constance announce the NSW government's approval of Eurobodalla's Rural Lands Strategy.
- Funding for Eurobodalla's southern water supply
Member for Bega Andrew Constance has announced NSW government investment of $25.6 towards Eurobodalla's southern water storage.
Wednesday 9 October 2019
- DA lodged for Mackay Park development
Batemans Bay’s aquatic, arts and leisure centre has reached a major milestone, with the lodgement of a development application for the project.
Tuesday 8 October 2019
- Dog days on the way
The kids are on holidays and daylight saving is upon us; prime time for doggos to be out and about enjoying their neighbourhoods.
Wednesday 2 October 2019
- Penalties for development without consent
Eurobodalla Council is urging residents to err on the side of caution when it comes to development consent.
- Community Engagement Framework and Participation Plan on public exhibition
Eurobodalla Council’s draft Community Engagement Framework and Participation Plan is now on public exhibition.
- Council tackles climate change
Eurobodalla’s community and business groups are being asked for help in identifying further action to reduce greenhouse emissions and tackling climate change.
Tuesday 1 October 2019
- Find a new wardrobe that saves dollars and the planet
It’s National Op Shop Week and Gillian Kearney is encouraging the community to get involved - either volunteering or donating or buying goods.
- Safer driving on Bodalla distributor
Work continues on a section of Eurobodalla Road, ensuring its safe use by heavy vehicles.
Monday 30 September 2019
- Improved amenity at Tuross Main Beach
A new toilet block near Tuross Head's Main Beach will have standard and accessible toilets, an additional storage area for use by lifeguards.
Friday 27 September 2019
- Drainage and safety the focus for Riverside Drive
Stormwater drainage and road safety will be the focus of work to further improve Narooma’s Riverside Drive.
Thursday 26 September 2019
- Water restrictions begin October
Level 1 water restrictions will come into effect across the shire from Monday 14 October.
Tuesday 24 September 2019
- Sarah searches Moruya River for litter source
Moruya High School's Sarah Burnes has been doing more than her share of litter clearing along the Moruya estuary this month.
- Cranking up for a wheelie fun day out
A community bike ride at Dalmeny this weekend should encourage aspiring and existing cyclists to be back on their bikes for NSW Bike Week.
- Shark net repairs
Divers will make temporary repairs to the shark net at Narooma’s Bar Beach this week.
Friday 20 September 2019
- All hands on deck for marine facilities
Eurobodalla residents are being asked to share their thoughts and ideas about the shire’s Council-owned marine facilities.
Thursday 19 September 2019
- Restoration of war memorials at Tilba, Narooma and Batemans Bay
War memorials at Tilba, Narooma and Batemans Bay are getting some additional care.
Tuesday 17 September 2019
- Deua Rivercare’s riparian restore
River-care alonga 42 kilometre section of the Deua is just one of 23 Landcare projects that have been re-endorsed for five more years.
Monday 16 September 2019
- Online community directory a boon for residents
Residents and visitors can easily find services and organisations across the shire thanks to a new mobile-friendly community directory.
- Shakespeare fix in ‘one fell swoop’
Theatre fans are in for a treat this summer when Essential Theatre present one of Shakespeare’s most famous tragedies – Macbeth.
- Corrigans Beach Reserve, Hanging Rock and Observation Point – your say, online
Online survey now open for planning around crown land at
Hanging Rock, Corrigans Beach Reserve and Observation Point.
Wednesday 11 September 2019
- Water strategy recognised
Major improvements to water and sewerage in the shire has seen Eurobodalla Council recognised as the most improved provider of water utilities in NSW.
Tuesday 10 September 2019
- Ollie ollie ollie, oi oi oi
With skateboarding to feature at the 2020 Olympic Games, Eurobodalla will host five skate-park competitions between now and the opening ceremony in Tokyo.
- Celebrations put spring in Landcarers’ step
The shire’s dedicated volunteers joined in the celebrations at a range of activities for National Landcare Week.
Sunday 8 September 2019
- Flying foxes in trouble in state’s north
Reports from northern NSW indicate drought conditions and habitat loss are leading to food shortages for flying-foxes in that area.