First stage of shire’s bushfire relief funding closes this month
Friday 10 April 2020
Eurobodalla residents impacted by bushfire have until the end of the month to apply for funding from the Eurobodalla Disaster Relief Fund.
Shire Mayor Liz Innes said applications for the first phase of relief funding would close on 30 April.
“This initial phase of relief is about ensuring nobody falls through the cracks,” Clr Innes said.
“So far we’ve approved 23 grants for $1,000 dollars for Eurobodalla residents in genuine hardship.”
The Eurobodalla Disaster Relief Fund was established in response to the devastating 2019-20 bushfires to provide assistance exclusively to shire residents. To date, 110 donors have contributed to the fund.
Clr Innes said the fund had some very generous benefactors from across Australia, “including a significant contribution from Fremantle in Western Australia after the Waifs played at Fire Aid concerts there”.
“Big or small, we appreciate every cent of every donation. Every little bit helps and the fund will remain open for donations until November 2021.”
For more information, to apply for a grant from the relief fund, or to make a donation visit www.esc.nsw.gov.au/recovery or contact donations officer Bruce Kennedy on 4474 7427 or firstname.lastname@example.org