One-stop enviro shops
Wednesday 11 March 2020
emergency had finished, people were asking what they could do to help our wildlife.
Immediate relief came in the form of water and feeding stations, and supported by WIRES and the Council, caring residents set out hundreds of these stations in the transition zones between burnt and not so burnt areas.
New growth in our landscape means the need for feed and water stations has decreased, but not the desire to help, says Council’s natural resources officer Natalie Foster.
“Eurobodalla residents love this landscape and responded so generously to help our wildlife survive those early post-fire days. And that hasn’t stopped,” she said.
“We’ve been so overwhelmed with questions from locals, we decided to take to the road with the answers.
“With our friends from WIRES, we’ll be out and about during March and April at seven locations across the shire to talk to people about how they can help. We kick off tomorrow in Mogo.
“We’ll have our environment education trailer set up and plenty of friendly and knowledgeable staff and volunteers on hand to chat about creating an environment where wildlife can thrive.
“Come say hello. You’ll walk away with lots of new info and free native plants for your garden.”
Visit Council’s one stop enviro shop during March and April to talk about:
- creating a wildlife friendly garden in your backyard
- nesting boxes for wildlife
- how a free cat bib can stop your cat from predating on local wildlife
- environmental weeds and how to manage them
- helping the recovery of our environment
- planting your new native plants (free with every chat)
Catch a one stop enviro shop at:
- Mogo 12 March 9am – 12pm, Mogo Book Store, Princes Hwy Mogo
- Mosquito Bay 12 March 1pm – 4pm, Mosquito Bay car park, 366 George Bass Drive Lilli Pilli
- Batehaven 15 March 8am – 1pm, Corrigans Markets, Corrigans Reserve, Beach Road Batehaven
- Narooma 22 March 8am – 1pm, Narooma Markets, Rotary Park, 1 Bar Rock Road Narooma
- Tomakin 27 March 2pm - 5pm, Tomakin IGA, 2158 George Bass Drive Tomakin
- Batemans Bay 3 April 10am – 2pm, Village Centre, 1 Perry Street Batemans Bay
- Nelligen 12 April 9am – 12pm, Nelligen Markets, Wharf Street Nelligen
All the shops can be found on Council’s website at www.esc.nsw.gov.au/events