Website Main content
Tuesday 29 October 2019
- Dogs to timeshare from 1 November
Changes to dogs’ access to designated ‘timeshare’ beaches in the Eurobodalla come into effect from Friday 1 November.
- Caledonian Sky returns to Batemans Bay
Eurobodalla will welcome passengers from the Caledonian Sky on Thursday 31 October, the cruise ships second visit to Batemans Bay.
- Moruya’s new activity workspaces
November will see flexible meeting and activity workspaces at the Basil Sellers Exhibition Centre open for community hire.
Monday 28 October 2019
- First job booked by Y-Trainee
Tomakin’s Destinee Zischka is the first Y-Trainee to be officially signed-up under Eurobodalla’s innovative Employment Revolution program.
Tuesday 22 October 2019
- Dollars for emergency animal shelter
An emergency animal shelter will be built at the Moruya Showground thanks to a $124,000 grant from the NSW Government.
- Department of Planning to clarify Rural Lands Strategy
Shire mayor Liz Innes has been given assurances that NSW Government staff are working to rectify discrepancies in the Rural Lands Strategy LEP.
- How you can help conserve our water?
Residents are being asked to consider how they can best use water wisely during National Water Week, 20-26 October.
- Trial to help people with incontinence
Councillors today agreed to trial sanitary bins in the shire’s most popular public toilets.
- Road safety the priority for Dunns Creek Road upgrade
Dunns Creek Road in the north of the shire is set for a $1.25million upgrade, including road realignment and shoulder widening.
- Southern water storage is go
Eurobodalla Councillors today formally accepted the NSW Government’s offer of $25.6M towards construction of a southern water storage.
Monday 21 October 2019
- Council responds to Southern Phone sale
Councillors will consider the proposed sale of Southern Phone to AGL, most likely at the first Council meeting in November.
- Umbarra to feature on shire signs
Eurobodalla’s Aboriginal artists have an opportunity to share their strong connection to the land by contributing to new town and village entry signs.
Friday 18 October 2019
- Bay businesses join borrow cup bandwagon
Five Batemans Bay business have joined the borrow cup initiative - loaning patrons reusable cups to save landfill and promote safe driving.
Thursday 17 October 2019
- Council response to IPART reviews
Councillors will receive a report outlining Eurobodalla's response to the NSW Government’s recent review of the local government system.
Wednesday 16 October 2019
- Night-time road closures for Bay CBD
A section of Beach Road at Batemans Bay will be closed for night works at the end of October.
Tuesday 15 October 2019
- Snapper Island suits Bay penguins
Snapper Island holds a surprise which even locals are often unaware – breeding colonies of little penguins.
- Community event grants now open
Do you have a great idea for a community event but need financial support to get it up and running?
Monday 14 October 2019
- Level 1 water restrictions now in effect
Level 1 water restrictions come into effect today, Monday 14 October 2019, and will remain in force across the shire until further notice.
Friday 11 October 2019
- Planning certainty secured for Eurobodalla
Eurobodalla Mayor Liz Innes and Member for Bega Andrew Constance announce the NSW government's approval of Eurobodalla's Rural Lands Strategy.
- Funding for Eurobodalla's southern water supply
Member for Bega Andrew Constance has announced NSW government investment of $25.6 towards Eurobodalla's southern water storage.
Wednesday 9 October 2019
- DA lodged for Mackay Park development
Batemans Bay’s aquatic, arts and leisure centre has reached a major milestone, with the lodgement of a development application for the project.
Tuesday 8 October 2019
- Dog days on the way
The kids are on holidays and daylight saving is upon us; prime time for doggos to be out and about enjoying their neighbourhoods.
Wednesday 2 October 2019
- Community Engagement Framework and Participation Plan on public exhibition
Eurobodalla Council’s draft Community Engagement Framework and Participation Plan is now on public exhibition.
- Penalties for development without consent
Eurobodalla Council is urging residents to err on the side of caution when it comes to development consent.
- Council tackles climate change
Eurobodalla’s community and business groups are being asked for help in identifying further action to reduce greenhouse emissions and tackling climate change.
Tuesday 1 October 2019
- Find a new wardrobe that saves dollars and the planet
It’s National Op Shop Week and Gillian Kearney is encouraging the community to get involved - either volunteering or donating or buying goods.
- Safer driving on Bodalla distributor
Work continues on a section of Eurobodalla Road, ensuring its safe use by heavy vehicles.
Monday 30 September 2019
- Improved amenity at Tuross Main Beach
A new toilet block near Tuross Head's Main Beach will have standard and accessible toilets, an additional storage area for use by lifeguards.
Friday 27 September 2019
- Drainage and safety the focus for Riverside Drive
Stormwater drainage and road safety will be the focus of work to further improve Narooma’s Riverside Drive.
Thursday 26 September 2019
- Water restrictions begin October
Level 1 water restrictions will come into effect across the shire from Monday 14 October.