- Decals open doors to reconciliation
New doorway art at Council facilities has reignited the conversation around reconciliation.
- We can all do our bit for World Environment Day
Residents can take stock and think about how they can help improve the environment ahead of World Environment Day next week.
- Entries open for 2019 Eurobodalla Business Awards
Entries are now open for the 2019 Eurobodalla Business Awards, which celebrate business excellence throughout the region.
- Have your say on future of Narooma Flat
Residents can have a say on future planning for Narooma Flat at a street stall on Wednesday 5 June.
- Take the pledge for Fatality Free Friday
Eurobodalla Council is urging motorists to take the pledge to drive safely in the lead up to Fatality Free Friday this week.
- New Mogo adventure strategy in development
A new strategy could see Mogo become an adventure trail hub.
- Tilba community stalwart named Local Hero
Janine Halasz has been named the 2019 Eurobodalla Local Hero at the annual awards held in the Eurobodalla Regional Botanic Garden this morning.
- Give up applause for those with a cause
Mayor Liz Innes says many of the shire's vital services are only possible thanks to the efforts of volunteers.
- Art on the Path could be the perfect fit
Step into the new season in sustainable style at Art on the Path this Sunday at Broulee.
- Jobs Drive in Narooma
Job seekers from Moruya to Bermagui can speak to potential employers and apply for vacant positions at a Jobs Drive in Narooma next week.
- Spruce up for Riverside Park
Moruya’s Riverside Park is enjoying a spruce up following recent work to extend parking in the area.
- Advancing economic growth in the shire
Mayor Liz Innes says the shire's economic development strategy will help guide Council forge a vibrant and diverse economy over the next decade.
- Combat driver fatigue with a free cuppa
Eurobodalla residents travelling more than 100km from home can still take advantage of the Free Cuppa for the Driver scheme.
- Second stage of the South Head Road shared pathway has started
Work has begun on the next stage of the shared pathway along Moruya’s South Head Road.
- Free workshops to help seniors with digital technology
Free workshops are being held at Eurobodalla libraries to help older residents participate in the digital world.
- Flying-fox numbers falling
Monitoring at the five flying-fox camps in Eurobodalla shows declining numbers, typical for this time of year.
- More parking is key at Nelligen boat ramp
It’s anchors aweigh at the Nelligen boat ramp, where work has started on a new car and boat parking area.
- Acquisition policy is state of the art
The shire’s art collection has been redrawn so it will capture and reflect the cultural sensibilities of Eurobodalla.
- Beach Road upgrade to reduce traffic congestion
Work to improve road capacity and safety in Batemans Bay is expected to reduce traffic congestion and travel times.
- Walawaani group welcomes funding
A Moruya youth program working to bridge the gap between the Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal community is going from strength to strength.
- Ranger stall at Narooma’s Dogs Day Out
Eurobodalla Council rangers will hold a stall at this Saturday’s Dogs Day Out event in Narooma.
- Free session on avoiding scams
Legal Aid NSW will present free information sessions at Batemans Bay, Moruya and Narooma libraries next week on how residents can protect themselves from scams.
- CatBib means no natives on moggy menu
The CatBib has been scientifically proven to stop more than 80 per cent of cats from catching birds and reduces small-animal hunting by almost half.
- Shire’s operational plan up for comment
Residents are invited to comment on Eurobodalla Council’s planned projects, budgets, rates and charges for 2019-20.
- Mentors are Ydrive’s driving force
Eurobodalla Council’s Ydrive program is changing lives but more mentors are needed to help some of the shire’s disadvantage youth get mobile.
- Tree-change planning leaves landholders free from confusion
Eurobodalla Council is seeking community feedback on changes to two documents pertaining to tree removal in the shire.
- Dogs on beaches changes in effect today
Changes to the arrangements for dogs on beaches come into effect today.
- Leading nature up the garden path
Many residents across the shire are already using native plants to create stunning gardens – havens for wildlife and humans alike – and you can too.
- Rocky ramp under repair at Moruya
The Moruya Boat Ramp will be closed during working hours from Monday 6 to Friday 10 May while repairs are made to the rock wall and pontoon.
- Get in quick for Local Hero Awards nominations
Eurobodalla residents have until this Friday to nominate deserving locals for Eurobodalla Council’s Local Hero Awards.