- Second stage of the South Head Road shared pathway has started
Work has begun on the next stage of the shared pathway along Moruya’s South Head Road.
- Free workshops to help seniors with digital technology
Free workshops are being held at Eurobodalla libraries to help older residents participate in the digital world.
- More parking is key at Nelligen boat ramp
It’s anchors aweigh at the Nelligen boat ramp, where work has started on a new car and boat parking area.
- Flying-fox numbers falling
Monitoring at the five flying-fox camps in Eurobodalla shows declining numbers, typical for this time of year.
- Acquisition policy is state of the art
The shire’s art collection has been redrawn so it will capture and reflect the cultural sensibilities of Eurobodalla.
- Beach Road upgrade to reduce traffic congestion
Work to improve road capacity and safety in Batemans Bay is expected to reduce traffic congestion and travel times.
- Walawaani group welcomes funding
A Moruya youth program working to bridge the gap between the Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal community is going from strength to strength.
- Ranger stall at Narooma’s Dogs Day Out
Eurobodalla Council rangers will hold a stall at this Saturday’s Dogs Day Out event in Narooma.
- Free session on avoiding scams
Legal Aid NSW will present free information sessions at Batemans Bay, Moruya and Narooma libraries next week on how residents can protect themselves from scams.
- CatBib means no natives on moggy menu
The CatBib has been scientifically proven to stop more than 80 per cent of cats from catching birds and reduces small-animal hunting by almost half.
- Shire’s operational plan up for comment
Residents are invited to comment on Eurobodalla Council’s planned projects, budgets, rates and charges for 2019-20.
- Mentors are Ydrive’s driving force
Eurobodalla Council’s Ydrive program is changing lives but more mentors are needed to help some of the shire’s disadvantage youth get mobile.
- Dogs on beaches changes in effect today
Changes to the arrangements for dogs on beaches come into effect today.
- Tree-change planning leaves landholders free from confusion
Eurobodalla Council is seeking community feedback on changes to two documents pertaining to tree removal in the shire.
- Leading nature up the garden path
Many residents across the shire are already using native plants to create stunning gardens – havens for wildlife and humans alike – and you can too.
- Making plans for the heart of Narooma
Planning to set the future direction for the open spaces in the heart of Narooma is underway.
- Rocky ramp under repair at Moruya
The Moruya Boat Ramp will be closed during working hours from Monday 6 to Friday 10 May while repairs are made to the rock wall and pontoon.
- What’s the hula-hoopla about Family Week?
Gather up your family for some quality time and lots of fun at Family Week events right across the shire.
- Get in quick for Local Hero Awards nominations
Eurobodalla residents have until this Friday to nominate deserving locals for Eurobodalla Council’s Local Hero Awards.
- Major Mogo park upgrade set to begin
Council has been working with the Mogo community on plans to transform the Mogo Sports Oval into a new recreation park.
- Poo pipe pulled through perfectly
Work will resume at Long Beach after Easter to connect the recently installed rising sewer main to the sewage network.
- Playground upgrade at Tuross Head
Tuross Head residents and visitors will soon have a bigger and better playground to enjoy at Evans Road Reserve.
- Mayor’s Writing Competition, deadline looming
Aspiring young wordsmiths have just two weeks until entries for the 2019 Mayor's Writing Competition close.
- Universal connection a repeat star at the Bas
Energy matters to Jennifer Hawkins. The Narooma artist delves into issues around over-population and mass extinction in the latest exhibition at the Bas.
- Don’t let recyclables go to waste
There’s plenty of household waste which doesn’t belong in your yellow-lid bin but can be dropped at the shire’s waste-management facilities for recycling.
- Boat-ramp car park ready to launch
Holiday makers and locals can enjoy upgraded car-park facilities at the South Durras boat ramp this Easter.
- Botanical bargains at Easter Fair
The annual Eurobodalla Regional Botanic Garden Giant Plant Sale and Easter Fairs a fun day out with something for everyone and plenty of garden bargains to be had.
- Ranger patrols increase on local beaches
Responding to community request, Council rangers increased their presence on Eurobodalla beaches over summer.
- Show We Care by throwing away old habits
The We Care movement is catching on, with Eurobodalla consumers and food businesses embracing eco-friendly alternatives
- Funding assistance for youth-oriented projects
Community groups seeking assistance to fund youth-oriented projects are invited to apply for one of our Youth Development Grants.