Website Main content
Tuesday 19 February 2019
- Draft art acquisition policy on public exhibition
Council is inviting the community to provide feedback on its new art acquisition policy.
Monday 18 February 2019
- Airport work in full flight
Moruya airport's runway upgrade has taken off, with council staff and sub-contractors working seven days to ensure the work is finished quickly.
- Council’s code of conduct on public exhibition
Council is seeking community feedback on two documents pertaining to its code of conduct.
- Bluewater Drive closure at Narooma
Narooma’s Bluewater Drive will be closed to through traffic for seven weeks from Monday 25 February for road rehabilitation.
Thursday 14 February 2019
- EOIs open for drought relief committee
Community members from rural industries are invited to join a new drought-relief committee.
Tuesday 12 February 2019
- Flying foxes continue to camp
The summer months have seen the return of grey-headed flying-foxes roosting at five day-time camps across the shire.
- Aboriginal Advisory Committee calling for members
Eurobodalla Shire Council is calling for expressions of interest to fill vacancies on its Aboriginal Advisory Committee.
- Find new ways to love your life at Seniors Festival
There’s something for everyone in Eurobodalla’s celebrations for the NSW Seniors’ Festival this year.
Monday 11 February 2019
- Sewer works at Narooma’s Apex Park
Sewer upgrades will disrupt access to the toilets at Apex Park in Narooma over the next two weeks.
- Heritage Advisory Committee member wanted
Eurobodalla Shire Council is seeking a new member for the shire's Heritage Advisory Committee.
Thursday 7 February 2019
- Council meetings resume
Eurobodalla Shire Council meetings will resume on Tuesday 12 February in the Council Chambers.
Wednesday 6 February 2019
- Plenty of torque around library events
The shire’s residents can rev-up their inner grease monkey at the libraries’ hands-on car-maintenance workshops.
Tuesday 5 February 2019
- New look library is one for the books
Staff at the Moruya library are urging the community to check out the upgraded facilities while they check out some new books.
- Help save threatened plant, warts and all
There are an estimated 3,000 Warty Zieria plants left in the world and all of them are around Mt Dromedary and Tilba Tilba.
Monday 4 February 2019
- A unique arts space for a unique region
Basil Sellers visited Moruya last week, saying he was delighted with how the Bas - the shire's new arts centre - had progressed.
- Pitch in for Clean Up Australia Day
The first weekend in March typically sees hundreds of shire volunteers help clean up Eurobodalla’s streets, beaches, parks and waterways.
- Last-minute cruise ship visit to Batemans Bay
Eurobodalla shire Mayor Liz Innes has welcomed the arrival of the ultra-luxury cruise ship Seabourn Encore as an opportunity for the shire to shine.
Friday 1 February 2019
- Mayor disappointed in Labor’s Rural Lands Strategy announcement
Mayor Liz Innes says Labor’s announcement yesterday it will not endorse Eurobodalla’s Rural Lands Strategy is political pointscoring at the expense of rural land owners.
Wednesday 30 January 2019
- Tea recycling is in the bag
The humble morning cuppa is in hot water as individuals, businesses and organisations across the shire brew up new ways to reduce plastic waste.
Tuesday 29 January 2019
- Eurobodalla water restrictions lifted
Permanent water conservation measures are now in place for the Eurobodalla after the lifting of water restrictions from Tuesday 29 January.
Thursday 24 January 2019
- Work resumes on the Tomakin roundabout
Work to complete the Tomakin Road and George Bass roundabout resumes this month.
Tuesday 22 January 2019
- Kiosks going swimmingly
Midway through the consultation on concepts for the new Batemans Bay Regional Aquatic, Arts and Leisure Centre, Mayor Liz Innes said it was going well so far.
- Care career kick-start course
People looking for work or a career change can kick start their community care career with a 12-week course.
- Shorebird volunteers take their tern
Some of the shire’s shorebirds are under threat and holiday makers at Potato Point flocked to learn more.
Wednesday 16 January 2019
- New Drain Buddies installed
Eurobodalla Council is taking a proactive approach to preventing marine debris by installing litter-catching baskets in some stormwater drains as a trial.
Tuesday 15 January 2019
- Hunt for beach treasures these holidays
Parents and carers wanting to lure kids away from their screens these holidays have access to a free guide to explore Eurobodalla’s beaches and estuaries.
Tuesday 15 January 2019
- Airport to close for runway upgrade
The Moruya airport will be closed for three weeks to upgrade the runway.
Saturday 12 January 2019
- Cherished volunteers welcomed to the Bas
The shire's new purpose-built arts space is almost done and our first group of cherished Bas volunteers have just toured the centre.
Friday 11 January 2019
- New splash pad for Narooma pool
Children can soon enjoy the fun splash pad currently being constructed at the Narooma Swimming Centre.
Thursday 10 January 2019
- Get your skates on for free youth event
On skateboards, scooters or BMX, the shire’s youth can share their wheelie airs and win prizes at free events this month.