Planning your event
Eurobodalla Council's events team is here to help! From venue selection and assistance with event bids to promoting your event, we are here to support you in making your event the best it can be. We can offer information and advice on running your event as well as details about:
- event management
- the Development Application processes
- food safety standards
- venues, parks and facilities
- insurance and risk management
We have lots of tools, tips and tricks on these pages to assist you in all aspects of your event planning. If you can't find what you're looking for, email us with any questions.
COVID-19 and events
The NSW Government is working to ensure a safe and viable return for major sports, cultural and community events, when possible. It's important that all event organisers stay informed about the current rules relating to gatherings, behaviour and public places and comply with any public health orders.
If you are planning an event that is allowed to proceed under the current rules, you must complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan.
If you're unsure if these restrictions apply to your event or would like help to understand the restrictions, please contact Eurobodalla Council's events team:
If you are organising a public or a private event in any of Eurobodalla’s public spaces, you may need an event permit. Permits ensure public safety and amenity in public spaces and assist in the sustainable management of our parks, sporting venues and gardens.
You will need an event permit if one or more of these conditions apply:
- You plan to erect infrastructure (for example, a marquee larger than 3m x 6m, stage, seating etc).
- There will be 60 attendees or more.
- You require vehicle access to drop off equipment.
- Your event requires a reservation.
- You are charging participants a fee.
- If you are planning a public assembly, demonstration or rally, we would like to hear about your event.
The approval process
Variables such as how complex your event is, the number of permits needed and agencies involved will determine how long the approval process takes.
On receipt of your Event Permit Application, we will review it and let you know if we need any further information.
- Once you have supplied all of the required information, the approval process generally takes about 4-6 weeks.
- Events requiring road closures or development consent will need more time and can take up to 6 months.
- If your event is approved, we will issue an event permit.
Application for an Event Permit
Please make sure you have read, understood and accept the event permit terms and conditions, and consider using our event guides before proceeding with a permit application. The next step is to complete the event permit application form. We recommend keeping a copy so you can make changes if necessary and have it available for your next event.
If this is your first time as an event organiser, there are plenty of organisations and useful websites you can access that offer step-by-step guides for planning an event, and we have provided our own for you.
Please note that these guides are only a starting point for event organisers. They are not manuals showing you how to organise an event, but resources that outline some of the issues you may need to address and where to go for more information.
As well as using an event guide, we encourage you to seek advice from qualified professionals.
Guides and downloads
These guides should be read in conjunction with Council’s Events Policy and other relevant Council documents as indicated throughout the guides.
The objectives of these event guides guide are to:
- ensure that communications between Council and the event organiser are clear and concise
- provide information to successfully facilitate events in the Eurobodalla Shire
- support the events policy and provide further information
- provide a documented process on how to obtain approval to hold an event in the Eurobodalla Shire
- ensure event organisers are aware of Council's and other agency's requirements
- ensure that event applications are determined in a timely and efficient manner.
These guides have been developed to provide assistance to event organisers within the Eurobodalla Shire by providing guidance for complying with Council regulations when planning an event and assisting in completing your Event Application and Management Plan. Not all events will require all approvals and Council staff will be on hand to help you navigate through the process of lodging an event application.
Events may be eligible for event funding through our grants programs:
A well as getting a lot of people to your event, great promotion will increase awareness and make a lasting impression.
We can give you advice on media releases, building databases, advertising and local publications that can help you with promotion.
- T: 02 4474 1209
- M: 0418 652 299
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org