Traineeships, apprenticeships and cadetships
Eurobodalla Council is committed to providing opportunities for the community to enter the workforce by providing traineeship, apprenticeship and cadetship programs. We are pleased to offer opportunities for people with limited qualifications or work experience to gain on-the-job experience and practical knowledge while working towards a nationally accredited qualification.
Recruitment for our trainee and apprentice programs takes place annually. Applications open around August/September and successful applicants start work with Council the following February.
This year, applications open on Monday 2 September and close on Monday 30 September.
- To apply, visit the Jobs at Council page, select a role that interests you and follow the online application process.
- For more information, call Council's recruitment team on 02 4474 1016.
- Earn while you learn.
- 100% of training and study costs paid for by Council.
- Dedicated support and mentoring.
- Great opportunity to kick start a future career.
While there is no guarantee of employment after the completion of a traineeship or apprenticeship, many of our past trainees and apprentices have gone on to have successful careers at Eurobodalla Council.
Our vacancies vary from year to year and we offer experiences in a variety of programs, including:
- Building Surveyor
- Business Administration
- Bridge Carpentry
- Civil Construction
- Civil Engineering
- Development Engineering
- Fitting and Machining
- Human Resources
- Plant Operator
- Town Planning
- Water Industry Operations.
More traineeships available with local businesses
As well as traineeships and apprenticeships with Eurobodalla Council, we are working with local businesses with traineeship positions available through our Employment Revolution program.
There are 12 traineeships available with Eurobodalla businesses. If you're successful in your application through the Employment Revolution program you will not be employed by Eurobodalla Shire Council, but instead by the local business that is listing the traineeship.
- Find out more, including what's available and how to apply, on our Employment Revolution page.