Eurobodalla Destination Action Plan
Eurobodalla Destination Action Plan 2018 to 2021
The Eurobodalla Destination Action Plan 2018 to 2021 (the plan) was adopted by Council on 31 July 2018. The plan guides the cooperative efforts of Council and industry to manage and grow Eurobodalla's visitor economy.
The aim of the plan is to increase visitor expenditure and overnight visitor stays by 25% by 2021 and to encourage visitor dispersal throughout the year and across Eurobodalla. This will be achieved by Council and industry working cooperatively to develop and promote Eurobodalla and its towns and villages as important destinations within the South Coast of NSW, increasing visitor awareness and satisfaction, attracting new investment for infrastructure and integrating tourism across Council strategic planning initiatives.
Key priorities and actions
The plan identifies eight priority areas and associated actions to be implemented over the next four years to 2021 by Council, in partnership with industry to achieve this aim:
Initiatives of the plan
Important strategic initiatives of the plan include developing a:
- Tourism Brand Review and Creative Marketing Strategy to guide future marketing initiatives
- new Events Strategy that identifies strategies and actions to procure and support events to increase visitation expenditure across the year
- nature-based Tourism Strategy that identifies catalyst infrastructure and product and experience development projects that could realistically be pursued to enhance and better position Eurobodalla as significant nature-based tourism destination on the South Coast
- Tourism and Wayfinding Signage Strategy that aligns with findings of the Brand Review and Marketing Strategy to create distinctive and innovative signage and visitor information displays at key tourism attractions; key transport hubs and gateway locations and promotes diversity of experiences within the destination
- Visitor Information Services Strategy that identifies the best model for the delivery of visitor information services in Batemans Bay as part of the Mackay Park Precinct Project
- Destination Research Framework to evaluate and analyse: TRA visitation data, consumer research to evaluate visitor perceptions of Eurobodalla; a visitor survey to be administered regularly at key locations across Eurobodalla to better understand visitor profiles, activities and satisfaction and visitation data from key tourist attractions and businesses in Eurobodalla.
Read the plan
We can help you
If you would like more information about the Eurobodalla Destination Action Plan, please contact Council on:
- T: 02 4474 1000
- E: Council