Recreation and Open Space Strategy 2018
The Recreation and Open Space Strategy 2018 assists Council to:
- how to meet the community’s recreation needs acknowledging future population growth
- the information the community needs to encourage participation in recreation opportunities
- Council’s public open spaces are well managed, well maintained and accessible
- barriers to access, connection and participation are identified and practical solutions implemented
- open space of high value and use by the community
- access to and scenic values of the ocean, foreshores and rural areas.
Council adopted the strategy at the Council meeting of 27 February 2018. It incorporates extensive community feedback gathered between 2016 and 2018.