The 2019-20 bushfires devastated the Eurobodalla, burning 80% of our shire. At the Ordinary Council Meeting on 23 June 2020, councillors endorsed that $200,000 of the Disaster Recovery Funding from the Commonwealth Government (to help property owners significantly affected by the bushfires) would be allocated to assist eligible Eurobodalla residents with the cost of Development Application (DA) fees to rebuild their homes.
- Property is within the Eurobodalla Shire.
- Property is deemed as 'eligible' for bushfire rate relief - identified by NSW Government (Service NSW) as being destroyed or significantly damaged by 2019/20 bushfires.
- You are/were the registered owner of the property at the time of the 2019/20 bushfires.
- The DA to rebuild (at the bushfire affected property) was lodged in the name of the person/s listed above (eligibility item 3).
(Note: Rebates are not available to property owners who purchased properties affected by the 2019/20 bushfires and are subsequently lodging DAs in their names).
- The DA for eligible property has been lodged and paid in full (by property owner, insurance company or other).
- Only one DA Fee Rebate application will be accepted per eligible property (rebate applies only to Development Application fees - no other fees are eligible for rebate).
- DA fee rebates of up to $1,000 are available. Funding is limited so there is no guarantee that all applicants will receive a rebate. If you are staging your rebuild process, you may wish to apply for the DA Fee Rebate on the most expensive DA to receive maximum rebate of $1,000.
- If DA fees paid are less than $1,000 only the total amount paid up to $1,000 will be refunded if successful.
If successful, the DA Fee Rebate will be paid via electronic funds transfer and bank account must be in one or more of the eligible property owners' names.
Applications are open
Applications for the DA Fee Rebate open on Wednesday 1 July 2020 to eligible property owners who lodge and pay for Development Applications on eligible properties between 1 January 2020 and 31 December 2021.
- Please complete the application form on this page and click 'submit' when you are ready.
- Items marked with an asterisk * are required fields.
- For viewing ease, we recommend using an internet browser other than Microsoft Explorer or Edge to complete this form (eg, use Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc).
If you prefer, you can download a printable version of this application form to complete and return to us.
If you have questions or need help completing your application, please contact our donations officer: