Education and School Grants
Council will consider a grant to local schools and education establishments for annual speech night awards, for academic and other achievement.
Council will also consider granting contributions towards discretionary funding for other academic activities. This could be funding for a one-off academic competition, assistance with meeting the costs of students representing the school at non-sport related activities (i.e. debating or speaking competitions).
- Council will approve a budget allocation in the Operational Plan for each financial year.
- Applications are invited once per year and will not be accepted outside the advertised application window.
- Successful grantees will be granted an annual amount to contribute to school speech night awards and events, or toward annual scholarships.
- Grantees are required to recognise Council’s contribution and invite the Mayor or a councillor to the speech night or scholarship award ceremony.
- Applicants must follow the grant guidelines.
The grants opened on Friday 26 July 2019 and closes on Friday 30 August 2019 at 4pm.
For more information or for assistance with the grant application please contact Lauren Evans, Executive Services Officer:
- T: 4474 1022
- E: Council