Eurobodalla Disaster Relief Fund
Eurobodalla has been overwhelmed by generous donations to our fire affected residents.
- You can donate to the Eurobodalla Disaster Relief Fund to assist people exclusively in the Eurobodalla impacted by the 2019/20 bushfires.
- Phase 1 provided financial assistance to people significantly impacted by bushfires.
- Phase 2 is currently open for applications.
Donate to the fund
All donations to this charitable fund will be used solely to assist those in the Eurobodalla affected by fires.
Endorsement as a deductible gift recipient under Subdivision 30-BA of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 (4.1.5 Australian disaster relief fund)was granted to the Eurobodalla Disaster Fund on 11 November 2019. The fund is entitled to receive tax deductible gifts until 11 November 2021.
- Account name: Eurobodalla Disaster Relief Fund
- BSB: 082 902
- Account number: 85 039 7999
- Details: include your name/business name
- To request a tax receipt, please notify us of your donation by emailing email@example.com
Apply for Phase 2 grant funding
- Phase 2 is aimed at supporting Eurobodalla businesses and residents and stimulating economic development of communities following the bushfires of 2019/20.
- Business chambers and community associations are invited to apply for grants up to $10,000 to run events or projects that help the shire’s social and economic recovery.
- Applications close Monday 31 August, 5pm.
- Read eligibility criteria and details about how to apply.
Phase 1 wrap up
As of 1 June 2020:
- Phase 1 applications closed on Friday 8 May 2020.
- 172 applications for grant funding were received.
- $127,000 distributed to 127 successful applicants who each received $1,000.
- 45 applications did not meet eligibility criteria (various reasons).
- 119 generous donors contributed to the fund.
- Donations received totalled $266,853.
- Largest single donations were $70,000, $40,000, $25,000, $20,000 and $16,667.
- Remaining fund balance $139,853.
Applicants based on locality
We received a total of 172 applications. 127 were successful and 45 unsuccessful.
- Batemans Bay: 3 unsucessful
- Belowra: 2 successful
- Bimbimbie: 10 successful, 1 unsuccessful
- Cadgee: 5 successful
- Catalina: 8 successful, 3 unsuccessful
- Dalmeny: 2 unsuccessful
- Eurobodalla: 11 successful
- Jeremadra: 12 successful
- Malua Bay: 28 successful, 3 unsuccessful
- Mogo: 12 successful, 7 unsuccessful
- Moruya: 4successful, 3 unsuccessful
- Narooma: 2 successful, 1 unsuccessful
- Nelligen: 6 successful, 1 unsuccessful
- Nerrigundah: 8 successful, 2 unsuccessful
- Rosedale: 2 successful
- Runnyford: 4 successful
- Sunshine Bay: 5 unsuccessful
- Surf Beach: 8 successful, 2 unsuccessful
- Tinpot: 1 successful, 2 unsuccessful
- Woodlands: 2 successful, 1 unsuccessful
- Various: 2 successful, 9 unsuccessful